Bumblefoot Surgery Recovery

IMG_20180504_085944.jpg

Here the pic @Wyorp Rock

I would soak the foot in epsom salts. Dry the foot, apply a triple antibiotic ointment, then wrap the foot overnight. Next morning, soak again, then remove the scab- see if it's soft enough to pull away. Likely there is still infection in the foot, see if you can get a kernel or more pus out of the foot. Flush well, then pack with triple antibiotic ointment. Wrap the foot and check everyday. Usually a foot will heal over in just a few days if kept dry.

Is he lethargic or stopped eating?

I would soak the foot in epsom salts. Dry the foot, apply a triple antibiotic ointment, then wrap the foot overnight. Next morning, soak again, then remove the scab- see if it's soft enough to pull away. Likely there is still infection in the foot, see if you can get a kernel or more pus out of the foot. Flush well, then pack with triple antibiotic ointment. Wrap the foot and check everyday. Usually a foot will heal over in just a few days if kept dry.

Is he lethargic or stopped eating?

We have pull the scab few weeks ago ..there's no pus he bleed a lot
Pls name any tripal antibiotic cream
I have Soframycin

The scab is not tight tough seems like a wound scab

Then I would just give him daily soaks in epsom salts, dry the foot and see what happens.

You will want to let the foot dry well. Part of the problem may be that the foot was wrapped for 3wks with ointment, so see if it starts to heal without wrapping and ointment.

Oh OK I'll do now hope he heal

Back
Top Bottom