Bumblefoot--Tricide-neo QQ

hollytruitt

Chirping
Apr 16, 2023
My hen (Brahma) has bumblefoot. I have tried Lisa Steel's drawing salve which reduced the pink. I felt that is not enough. Her bumblefoot is very squishy not hard at all and I do not feel any kernal. She has the classic bumble in one foot and then other foot looks like an injury (punctured)
I just found out about the Tricide-Neo. I ordered some and it will come this Wednesday. I want to avoid cutting and/or peeling/squeaze the scab out. So Tricide-neo is something I want to try since several of folks here said no cutting with this method.
My QQ/issue is: I will not be able to soak this twice a day. I go to work very early in the morning (before girls are even awake) and home by 3:00. I can do this after I get home. Not sure when I can do the 2nd soak because they girls go to roost around 6:30 now due to early sunset. Their choice....not mine. lol. Is once a day enough for the soak? Or do a 3:00 and then 6:00?? 3 hours apart?

I added pics of her feet from yesterday. I started PRID yesterday due to Lisa Steels salve not pulling anything up just reducing the pink.

Attachments

• Oct 7 2023 1.jpeg
    Oct 7 2023 1.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Oct 7 2023 2.jpeg
    Oct 7 2023 2.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 4
My hen (Brahma) has bumblefoot. I have tried Lisa Steel's drawing salve which reduced the pink. I felt that is not enough. Her bumblefoot is very squishy not hard at all and I do not feel any kernal. She has the classic bumble in one foot and then other foot looks like an injury (punctured)
I just found out about the Tricide-Neo. I ordered some and it will come this Wednesday. I want to avoid cutting and/or peeling/squeaze the scab out. So Tricide-neo is something I want to try since several of folks here said no cutting with this method.
My QQ/issue is: I will not be able to soak this twice a day. I go to work very early in the morning (before girls are even awake) and home by 3:00. I can do this after I get home. Not sure when I can do the 2nd soak because they girls go to roost around 6:30 now due to early sunset. Their choice....not mine. lol. Is once a day enough for the soak? Or do a 3:00 and then 6:00?? 3 hours apart?

I added pics of her feet from yesterday. I started PRID yesterday due to Lisa Steels salve not pulling anything up just reducing the pink.
Tricide Neo works. Just do it as best as you can. The goal is to get the bumblefoot infection cleared up.
See post #2 in this link:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/treating-bumblefoot-with-tricide-neo.513183/

Tricide Neo works. Just do it as best as you can. The goal is to get the bumblefoot infection cleared up.
See post #2 in this link:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/treating-bumblefoot-with-tricide-neo.513183/
Yep I saw the #2 post. Very helpful. My QQ is what is the point of using this if we still have to get the scab off and remove puss according to Kiki above?
I know we can do twice on Saturday and Sunday. How did you dipsose of the water/tricide neo? I am thinking of cat litter (cheap one).

When soaking with Tricide Neo, there is no need for surgery. No need to remove the scab, the scab eventually shrinks. That's the point of using the product, no minor surgery needed. The Tricide Neo treated water is good for 5 days. Simply dispose of it out in the yard, down the drain or whatever. Then make a new batch as needed and it's good for another 5 days.
It'll take time to clear up the infection, keep that in mind.

When soaking with Tricide Neo, there is no need for surgery. No need to remove the scab, the scab eventually shrinks. That's the point of using the product, no minor surgery needed. The Tricide Neo treated water is good for 5 days. Simply dispose of it out in the yard, down the drain or whatever. Then make a new batch as needed and it's good for another 5 days.
It'll take time to clear up the infection, keep that in mind.
Thank you for this!! Do you wrap the feet after? One of her foot I noticed today her skin is cut and flapping. I am sure its due to using the drawing salve. Probably should wrap that foot afterwards. The one with no cuts I can leave wrap off.

Thank you for this!! Do you wrap the feet after? One of her foot I noticed today her skin is cut and flapping. I am sure its due to using the drawing salve. Probably should wrap that foot afterwards. The one with no cuts I can leave wrap off.
Wrapping is to more keep dirt and germs from getting in while it's healing. If junk keeps getting in there it will make it take longer and harder to heal, so if it were me I'd probably keep wrapping till all better.

Back
Top Bottom