Bumblefoot X2?

@Wyorp Rock

I have found prid with and without pain relief. I am going to assume I need without the pain relief, correct?
You should be able to find Prid at Walmart, CVS, etc. in the first aid aisle.

AFIK, there's only one kind.

1687112196422.png

@Wyorp Rock I was able to buy both the prid and uncolored iodine. Is there a preference for one or the other?

@Mountain Roost If I was not so panicked about stressing my girls because MD and MG I think it would be a bit easier. But if I see any signs of stress, especially open mouth breaths, I relive the trauma of finding my girls nearing the end of their life. I know I need to get over that.

Yes, hubs is home to help for 2 more days.

With HFA and adhd, calm is not in my nature🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m not squeamish, I just get anxious when I feel I am causing them discomfort and stress.

Ok, we did an 15 minute Epsom salt soak and I was able to pick the scab off. It didn’t bleed and we could not see any puss, Kernel or much really. It is more swollen on the pad so I am worried there is an infection deep inside.

I sprayed with vetericyn, put prid on with a pad and wrapped it up. She is more tender on it when she walks today.

I would like to start an oral antibiotic to be safe, is this a good idea?

I have amoxicillin, doxyvet, baytril, trimethoprim/sulfa and Tylosin but no tetracycline as @dawg53 suggested. Is Doxycycline interchangeable (or possibly the same thing) with tetracycline?

If I’m giving 2 antibiotics would that change the doses?

Thanks!

Have you finished the course of Tricide Neo? If not, then I'd continue with that until you're done.
So today is day 7 of tricide neo. I don’t recall seeing an exact course of treatment except use until healed.

She is walking better today. I think my bandage wrap Saturday night was not good and irritated her. She sat quite still, without any holding, patiently waiting while I struggled to remove it, which says a lot.

So I did not do the treatment correctly. It came back, worse. I absolutely could NOT get myself to do the surgery. Just wasn’t even an option for my brain. Lol
I enlisted a vet and have her back inside for more treatments.

My question is, do you keep your chicken/duck inside full time for treatment? I have the ability to keep her in a cage in the coop but this never works out for me so not really an option.

My human logic says definitely keep her inside. Air conditioned, quiet, food and all the comforts conducive for healing. No brainer, right 🤷🏼‍♀️

But my flock manager logic said “f*** no! What are you thinking?! Never separate for more than a day or two!”
Esther is leader of the flock. She is sound, kind, good with the littles, follows any hen that seems mischievous and is not a fighter. She has been a great leader and our flock has been peaceful. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

If she shows signs of weakness or is away for any long stints I fear this will change. I have been thinking to keep her inside during the day to keep her cool and resting and letting her out in the evening close to roosting time to dust bath and be with the flock. Does this seem reasonable?

Back
Top Bottom