Bumblefoot?

MrPaterax

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 16, 2013
I have a silkie hen that’s 7 years old, she still has an appetite and appears to be attentive but she’s been sitting more a lot and walking with a bit of a stumble, her feet look swollen so I just wanted to get a 2nd opinion
5F4AEE95-7095-4481-A93D-C1481DCB407A.jpeg

It could be either of these or something else
LegFootMaladies2.jpg
Bumblefoot (left) appears as a single callus-like scabby lump in the pad at the bottom middle of the foot, and usually affects one foot. Swelling due to gout (right) can result in infected sores appearing underneath the toe Joints, and typically affects both feet.

It could be either of these or something else
LegFootMaladies2.jpg
Bumblefoot (left) appears as a single callus-like scabby lump in the pad at the bottom middle of the foot, and usually affects one foot. Swelling due to gout (right) can result in infected sores appearing underneath the toe Joints, and typically affects both feet.
Okay, perhaps this is gout? Should I change her feed to something else? I've been feeding her
Scratch and Peck Feeds 16% layer feed, is it too much excessive protein? She has not laid eggs in 3 years, but hasn't really had this problem until recently

Back
Top Bottom