Bummer....

Frozen Feathers

Songster
12 Years
May 4, 2007
Maine
Well I am totally bummed!!
sad.png

I think my eggs got too cold en-route, the only thing I can think of since they were packaged perfectly. The majority of them didn't develop at all but the ones I did check were fertile, so I don't think that was the issue. Maybe they were tossed around too much by the PO?? I did let them sit a day though.
idunno.gif

So far I do have one very adorable chick who is very healthy and had no problem hatching, a splash I believe and 4 more I'm
fl.gif
hoping will hatch.

Well, I guess that's what I get for ordering eggs this late in the year. I need to move to a warmer state!!

Will try again in the Spring.

Sorry Angie. That stinks.

I hear ya on shipping. I'd love to start another batch but it's too cold here. No more
heartbreak hatches....

That stinks!

I think my PO is really rough on eggs. The last batch I got 5 out of 15 were completely broken, another had a big crack in it, yet another had a tiny crack.. and out of the rest, all but 2 had wonky floating air cells. I managed to hatch one.. a boy I think. It stinks. I'm SO glad I got him (even though he's a he), but it was pretty disappointing to realize the rest of the eggs didn't really have a chance. Also didn't help that the PO held the eggs for a week, and the box arrived dented and abused.

I hope cold temps are only a teeny part.. I have a set that's shipping out for me on Monday.. hopefully though they make it in ok shape. This is the last batch I'm ordering until Spring.. I don't want anybody to freeze en-route. (and I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed that these guys stay warm enough). Now I'll be worrying all week. ARG!

Better luck in the spring, Angie.

Meghan

Oh, Angie, that is a bummer! I think I have the same thing going on here. I had some shipped to me on the Monday of Thanksgiving week (what was I thinking?!) and they didn't get here til that Friday. They were cold to the touch when I unpacked them, felt like they had been in a refrigerator. They were well packed in bubblewrap with lots of "stuffing" all around them, but still cold. I went ahead and set them, but I'm not holding out alot of hope for them. Tomorrow is day 7 so I'll candle then. Fingers crossed, both for mine and the other four you have.
fl.gif

Well here s/he is.
smile.png

100_3122.jpg

100_3124.jpg

A duckwing maybe?? I was thinking splash but as you can see s/he is is more brown and has distinct markings. Tough little cookie, still no signs from the other 4.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom