Bump in the Night

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by ChickenSnake, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ChickenSnake

ChickenSnake Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Montgomery County Texas
    It's late at night, the lights are all off. Everyone is asleep. Of course there has to be a creepy animal making noises outside my bedroom window, and I am darn glad I didn't go see that scary movie tonight (whew Mrs.Doubtfire was the alternative)

So I'm pretty sure theres some night bird yodeling under my window, I thought it might be an owl but when I went to record it, as always it stopped. So either its a weird owl that carried on a hoot for a long time or theres an alien out there right now watching me eat pizza crust rubbing its hands together maniacly. Anyone Texas night bird savvy (or Texas Alien savvy?)

I am prepared to hear stories about probes.

2. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    Chupacabra

3. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Maybe it's a hoot owl, they have a weird call

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Screech owl - eerie sound. My Mom always said that if a screech owl calls 3 nights in a row there will be a death in the family. Scared the tar out of me as a child.

5. ailurophile23

ailurophile23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    VA
    Quote:Good golly - I'm glad that's not true or I'd be surrounded by death constantly! The screech owls have us surrounded out here in the country and I love listening to them every evening. Their call is definitely erie and drawn-out - but beautiful once you know what it is. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by