Bump on eye?

AshleyB97

Chirping
Mar 11, 2020
Hi Fellow Chicken lovers :)

I have a question my hen has a bump by her eye any ideas what it is and should i be concerned? Thanks!!

Attachments

• 20200608_164450.jpg
    20200608_164450.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200608_164445.jpg
    20200608_164445.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 8
Hi!! Thank you for your input. You are probably right I noticed it on Monday when I posted this. This one hen that can be aggressive so that may very well be. It hasn't grown in size thankfully. I bought some probitic supplement powder that I've been putting in there feed so I hoping that will boost there immune system and speed recovery. :) And yes she is so cute thank you for the compliment 💗

How is it today? Any other symptoms?

I wonder if it's just a pecking injury. It doesntlook too serious. I think I'd just watch it to make sure it doesn't get worse.

Pretty hen!!!

It might possibly be fowl pox, but if it hasn't gotten morse or if more bumps haven't appeared, it's probably not pox.

My hens had dry pox, and they had bumps that turned black all over their face, comb, and wattles. It cleared up on its own after a few weeks. Someone described dry fowl pox in chickens as being like chicken pox in humans.... if that makes sense.

Wet pox gets in their throats and mouths and other areas. It can cause respiratory symptoms. This eye bump isn't that, thankfully.

Back
Top Bottom