LARGE SWOLLEN BUMP UNDER EYE

Buxton

Hatching
Nov 7, 2023
Hi, my chicken has a large swollen bump under her eye, it has gotten bigger over the last several days, I have tried eye wash. She doesn’t seem to have any other symptoms, the lump is not hard. I cannot figure out how to attach a picture so if someone could assist with that as well it would be so appreciated. Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• IMG_7572.jpeg
    IMG_7572.jpeg
    897.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7534.jpeg
    IMG_7534.jpeg
    945.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7531.jpeg
    IMG_7531.jpeg
    707.8 KB · Views: 21
To attach a photo from your computer files, click on the paper clip "Attach files" below the reply window. That will open your computer files. Then select which file contains your photos. Click "Open" once you select your photo. It will transfer here. Then, so we can see maximum detail, select "full image". Then hit "post".

To attach a photo from your computer files, click on the paper clip "Attach files" below the reply window. That will open your computer files. Then select which file contains your photos. Click "Open" once you select your photo. It will transfer here. Then, so we can see maximum detail, select "full image". Then hit "post".
Can you see the images?

Yes. It appears she may have a respiratory illness. These often clear up on their own, but you can treat her with an antibiotic, usually Tylosin, to help it resolve more quickly.

It may also be a localized bacterial infection from a peck in the eye or a foreign object. You can flush the eye with saline and use an antibiotic eye ointment such as Terramycin twice a day. This med is often sold in feed stores.

Yes. It appears she may have a respiratory illness. These often clear up on their own, but you can treat her with an antibiotic, usually Tylosin, to help it resolve more quickly.

It may also be a localized bacterial infection from a peck in the eye or a foreign object. You can flush the eye with saline and use an antibiotic eye ointment such as Terramycin twice a day. This med is often sold in feed stores.
thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom