Bunch of roosters

kathquincy

In the Brooder
Dec 15, 2022
Quincy Fl
I hatched out some eggs and ended up with 2 hens and 9 roosters. That was 6 months ago. I still have 9 roosters all together in a run. They are offered to free range but prefer to be in their run. They are tame and use to being handled. They squabble but no fighting. All have beautiful feathers and very healthy. Has anyone else kept this many roosters together and been successful? People are afraid to enter their run but they have never attacked or been aggressive. Ive never had chickens before and cant find any articles or information on this.

I hatched out some eggs and ended up with 2 hens and 9 roosters. That was 6 months ago. I still have 9 roosters all together in a run. They are offered to free range but prefer to be in their run. They are tame and use to being handled. They squabble but no fighting. All have beautiful feathers and very healthy. Has anyone else kept this many roosters together and been successful? People are afraid to enter their run but they have never attacked or been aggressive. Ive never had chickens before and cant find any articles or information on this.
Lots of people have "bachelor pads" when they have several cockerels/ roosters perhaps for breeding purposes so they are not all permitted to mix in with the hens. Sometimes keepers also have something affectionately called "freezer camp" where the boys hang out while the grow out and/or wait for processing. Those might be a couple avenues you could look down.

Back
Top Bottom