Bunny Bladder Sludge

Disheygirl

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Indianapolis, IN
I have a five year old neutered mini rex who has been without health problems until he started piddling blood the other day and was sitting hunched and shaking. Rushed him to the vet, and after $1K, had him back with a diagnosis of bladder sludge. He spent two nights there, they xrayed, did ultrasound, flushed his bladder, subq fluids, medicine, etc. She said they couldn’t get it all because his urethra was really irritated. 🥴

He is on oxbow adult, free choice timothy, fresh water (and drinks well), and has a bunny salad 1x a day with all low-calcium veggies. I also give him the Oxbow urinary vitamin 1x a day. Aside from the medicine he’s on from the vet for the next week, that’s it. And I guess he eats grass when he’s in his Omlet tunnels/run. It’s still cool enough that he and his bunny girlfriend go outside during the day.

He gets lots of exercise, isn’t obese…looking for tricks that have worked for other owners, because the vet said it’s not in his diet or living situation which means he’s just prone to it. So - anyone have something they swear by that may not be readily available from a vet or the internet?

I have a five year old neutered mini rex who has been without health problems until he started piddling blood the other day and was sitting hunched and shaking. Rushed him to the vet, and after $1K, had him back with a diagnosis of bladder sludge. He spent two nights there, they xrayed, did ultrasound, flushed his bladder, subq fluids, medicine, etc. She said they couldn’t get it all because his urethra was really irritated. 🥴

He is on oxbow adult, free choice timothy, fresh water (and drinks well), and has a bunny salad 1x a day with all low-calcium veggies. I also give him the Oxbow urinary vitamin 1x a day. Aside from the medicine he’s on from the vet for the next week, that’s it. And I guess he eats grass when he’s in his Omlet tunnels/run. It’s still cool enough that he and his bunny girlfriend go outside during the day.

He gets lots of exercise, isn’t obese…looking for tricks that have worked for other owners, because the vet said it’s not in his diet or living situation which means he’s just prone to it. So - anyone have something they swear by that may not be readily available from a vet or the internet?
I have two holland lops. My female seems to have more issues with her digestion system than my male. On other forums they suggest to only feed them hay and water. I know it’s hard not to give them treats. The Kaytee Timothy rings are what I give them when they have bladder problems for treats. When there is an issue it usually clears up in a few days. You could try this (if he will let you get away with it) I have found with Bandit issues clear up if they don’t eat as much greens (salad)

Back
Top Bottom