BunnynChicks Photography and Chat Thread

Great!!
I have 19 more going on lockdown on Sunday!!
Wednesday is the 21 day.
Hopefully I get a good hatch.

How are you managing your flock with all the mixed ages??
I know about all the integrating stuff and all that but like do you have a different pen for each age or something else?

BTW your chicks are cute!
love.gif
Awesome. I hope you have a good hatch.
fl.gif

It is going good. Skylar and Minnie are in the coop all the time now. They have a place where they can get away from the big chickens for when they are in the coop. When they are running around outside they go under the coop where the big chickens rarely go. The bigger chickens usually ignore them but occasionally one of the big hens will look at them and they run away. They are the only bantams that I have so I don't think the bigger chickens know quite what to think of them yet.
I have the little chicks in the brooder in the garage. I will take them and put them in a pen I have that the big chickens can't get into when they don't need the heat lamp anymore. I will also use the pen to put them in on sunny warm days so the big chickens can get used to seeing them.

Thanks
smile.png

Here are some pics of the chickens.

Skylar and Minnie

Here are some of the chicks. They have grown a lot since the last time I posted pics.

Here are some of the girls running around this morning:
Jumping out the door.

I went in to check on the chicks and Skylar and Minnie were in their cage and they were running loose.

Some birds made a nest under the roof of the coop and hatched 4 chicks.

Back
Top Bottom