BunnynChicks Photography and Chat Thread

BunnynChicks

Duck Lover
7 Years
May 18, 2016
Here is my photography and chat thread. I thought I had better start one before I drive my friends and family crazy.
roll.png
So I guess I should start by introducing the flock. Here they are:
Some of the layer flock. I can't tell them apart easily so they don't have names(and I am terrible at naming chickens).

Here are the chicks. There are three of them:

Skylar is the closest one then Minnie is the farthest one out.
Here is Firsty. She had been running around and was one sleepy lil chick.
Minnie was dust bathing and he got flipped over onto his back and he just lay there soaking up the sun occasionally kicking a foot. It was soo funny and just when I was starting to get worried he flipped over again and stood up.

I hope you enjoyed meeting the flock. I can't wait to meet all of you and your chickens too.

Thank you

Here's the post with pics of the third one.
https://micahsfarm.blogspot.com/2016/06/another-one-hatched.html

Oh and here's a post you might enjoy. (Lots of Pics ;))
https://micahsfarm.blogspot.com/2016/05/1-year-100-posts-sick-chickens-update.html

How's you chickens going??
They are doing good. A couple of the barred rocks are starting to show their ages(6).
Wow some of the pics are amazing!!! The calf pics are very cute too. We used to raise belted galloway cows (they are the black cows with the white stripe around their middle.) It was always interesting to see what the stripes would look like on the calves.
smile.png

How are your chickens?

Minnie was partly raised by a hen so he is scared of people and hopefully that will make him less likely to attack. A friend told me that with her roosters staring at them and walking slowly to them scares them and if he gets mean I will have to try that. He is a bantam so I don't think he could cause much damage anyway.
smile.png

Great!!
I have 19 more going on lockdown on Sunday!!
Wednesday is the 21 day.
Hopefully I get a good hatch.

How are you managing your flock with all the mixed ages??
I know about all the integrating stuff and all that but like do you have a different pen for each age or something else?

BTW your chicks are cute!
love.gif

Great!!
I have 19 more going on lockdown on Sunday!!
Wednesday is the 21 day.
Hopefully I get a good hatch.

How are you managing your flock with all the mixed ages??
I know about all the integrating stuff and all that but like do you have a different pen for each age or something else?

BTW your chicks are cute!
love.gif
Awesome. I hope you have a good hatch.
fl.gif

It is going good. Skylar and Minnie are in the coop all the time now. They have a place where they can get away from the big chickens for when they are in the coop. When they are running around outside they go under the coop where the big chickens rarely go. The bigger chickens usually ignore them but occasionally one of the big hens will look at them and they run away. They are the only bantams that I have so I don't think the bigger chickens know quite what to think of them yet.
I have the little chicks in the brooder in the garage. I will take them and put them in a pen I have that the big chickens can't get into when they don't need the heat lamp anymore. I will also use the pen to put them in on sunny warm days so the big chickens can get used to seeing them.

Thanks
smile.png

I just give em lots of treats and I don't think they mind too much.
I can't wait to see picks of your chickens.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom