Busted eardrum?

brandnewfarmer

In the Brooder
Dec 19, 2015
I just woke up and let the chickens out to free range and noticed one of my girls has what I can only describe as a busted eardrum! It is a hole where her ear is! I can't find anything online about it. She is completely healthy other than that. None of my other girls have it. Could it be an injury or Something else? What can I do for her?

Last edited:
Chickens DO have a hole under a little thing of feathers for an ear. :)

Is that what you're talking about, or do you see other signs of injury, blood, or bruising?

Could you post a photo?

MrsB

This is kinda large, about the width of a pencil. I thought their ear was smaller than that. It did have a small dot of what I think was blood and looked a little swollen. Her feathers weren't covering the opening at all. I'll post a pic tomorrow. I'm sorry, but I just left for work and work nights so she will be asleep by the time I get home. Thank you for your response.

This is kinda large, about the width of a pencil. I thought their ear was smaller than that. It did have a small dot of what I think was blood and looked a little swollen. Her feathers weren't covering the opening at all. I'll post a pic tomorrow. I'm sorry, but I just left for work and work nights so she will be asleep by the time I get home. Thank you for your response.

Oh, my!!

I will anxiously await a photo. :) Also, a little Neosporin can go a long way!

MrsB

Back
Top Bottom