1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buster the Rooster

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by KDailey, Oct 5, 2011.

1. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    So I picked this guy up in Canton. I really didn't need another rooster and I tried to resist but I wasn't able to.

We walked the whole dog-town looking at all the chickens so I could decide which ones I wanted and could make sure that there wasn't the same bird a little further down for a cheaper price or in better condition. I saw Buster on the first round and thought he was just gorgeous, but I don't need him. Then after that we had to walk back by him after we had picked up our crate and were on our way to get the chickens I had picked out. Once again, He's sooo pretty...but I don't need him. Then when we stopped to get a pair of Japanese Bantams, the guy's tent was right next to the tent where this guy was at. The guy with the Japs wasn't there so we were waiting on him and I kept looking over at this rooster. Once again, he's sooo pretty....but I don't need him.

So we're waiting and waiting and then my boyfriend says, "Well why don't you just go ask the man about him?" That's all the encouragement I needed. He wanted $10 for him and said he was a Sebright mixed with something. I thought $10 was a little much for a mixed rooster but he was pretty, so we settled on $8. Into the potato sack he went, we collected my other birds and now here we are.

Meet Buster. He's named after the man that leads the singing at my church because he is constantly crowing, ie: singing. The human Buster sings allll the time too. I was told he's a Sebright mixed with ? but when I showed my neighbor a picture of him she said she thinks he's either full sebright or at least high content Sebright. Anybody else have some input?

[​IMG]

2. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Man he's pretty! [​IMG]

3. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Quote:Looks Sebrightish with some Buttercupish comb.
    Is he a special Breed?

4. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    I was just told that he's Sebright mixed with "something." That's the guy's exact words. lol. My neighbor said she used to have some buff laced sebrights and that he looks extremely close to the real thing or at least high content.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    He looks like he can fly!

6. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Oh lala!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

He doesn't look like a cross to me. He looks like a buff laced sebright(hatchery stock) Ideal sells them. I had a trio of them that looked just like yours,a little bigger than a proper bred sebright but still beautiful as is yours.

8. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    He is very handsome. Looks like he is right proud of himself.

9. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    He certainly is a handsome boy [​IMG]

10. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Now I keep thinking he is Booster the Rooster instead of Buster! I have no clue why [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by