Butcher station in the garage?

XL506

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 23, 2008
Ohio
Im goin to start butchering chickens. Just for my family and friends. Would it be good to setup a butcher area in my garage. As I do not want to upset the neighbors. I have a 500acre field behind my home, so I would discard all of the remains in the field, as I imagine vultures, coons, yotes, rats, foxes and whatever else would get rid of them. would this be a good idea?

the smell could be a problem. i dont mind butchering chickens if there is air circulation to take the smell away but in an enclosed space it can get downright terrible. also depends on how many birds you are butchering but if you had air circulation i would say that there should be no problems watsoever

if your butchering less then 50 it should work. more then that and you should probably have some sort of fan just to move the air out an around, or wait till a cool breezy day and you should have no problems no matter how many birds you do

I'm going to set up ours in the middle of the woods. That way I don't freak anyone out, there's minimal smell and critters will eat the leftovers.

As long as you have a fan or something in the garage, you should be fine.

yes thats what i was thinking if u discard them in that ield take them farrrrrrrrrr away or u will bring in the bad stuff hahaha but u probably already figured that and on the garage id use that floor paint or something the blood could stick and stain and do have a way to get the smell out the smeel of a scalded bird is badddd to have hanging around not to mention all the other smells associated with butchering

Back
Top Bottom