Butchered in the bathtub this morning!

Weaveagarden - you are inspirational to me! I have been freaking out knowing that I have to butcher a few of mine pretty soon. My husband did it as a teen with his grandpa a few times. You'd think I wasn't a country girl from TX. I guess it is just because we didn't have chickens when I was a kid.

Thanks for helping me work on finding my grit.

Quote:
Thanks! I just bookmarked these 2 sites. I am about to butcher my three roosters. Fortunately, at the cost of one bird, I'm going to have my (experienced) neighbors help at this. It helps me a lot to read about what I'm doing ahead of time.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Wow, that is nice to hear! You will be fine. Just don't over-think it. My mother grew up in Texas. I know for a fact that Texas girls never lose their grit. It is right there inside next to their kind hearts!.

For the bathtub style butchering, you could find a free or cheap shower stall and rig it up for outside that sits on top of a stage where you can put a bucket underneath the shower drain.

You can even install cones directly into the walls. Six or 12 of them depending how many you would like to bleed out.

Now thats an idea!

Gee with the stage, sounds like you want me to perform or something. In that case, I think I better be wearing my clothes. I don't want to scare anybody.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom