Buttercup?

lovinlife

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Deep in the heart of Texas
I purchased some chicks from a friend who ordered an Ornamental Layer Collection from McMurray. They're doing a mix of the ornamental layers and the rarest of rare collection. I ended up with 6 chicks after we distributed them all. One chick has me baffled. After searching the MM site, I think what I have could be a Buttercup. What do you think?

a few days old:
IMG_0579.jpg

on the left
IMG_0611.jpg

4 weeks old:
IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

Thanks!

With those willow green legs I don't know what else it might be. In the last picture I think I can see the cup comb forming. Looks like a pullet.

Thanks. I've looked at the chickens in their collections and it seems that's the only thing she could be. I was hoping to hear from some people who have raised Buttercups for some confirmation. Thanks for your input!
smile.png

I think it might be an EE, just doesn't have the typical beard. Hatcheries seem to concider them rare... if I'm right I'd say a pullet and that will make for an excellent colorful egg basket.

Quote:
I agree, Buttercup combs are very obvious even when they are day old chicks. I belive that you have a Golden Penciled Hamburg.

Back
Top Bottom