Buttermilk Battered Fried Chicken Recipe?

SterlingAcres

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Poconos, PA
Does anyone know what I'm talking about? And do you have a good one please? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaasssseeee????
big_smile.png

I'm not positive about the batter fried, but maybe you'll like this recipe...it's from Barefoot Contessa (food network)

Oven Fried Chicken

2 Chickens (3lbs. ea) cut in 8 serving pieces 1 qt. buttermilk 2 Cups all-purpose flour 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
1Tablespoon ground black pepper Vegetable oil or vegetable shortening

Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour the buttermilk over them. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Take the chicken out of the buttermilk and coat each piece thoroughly with the flour mixture. Pour the oil into a large pan and heat to 360 degress on a thermomter.

Working in batches, place the chicken in the oil and fry about 3 min. on each side until the coating is a light golden brown (it will continue to brown in the oven). Remove from the oil and place on a metal baking rack, set on a sheet pan. When all the chicken is fried, bake for 30 to 40 min. until the chicken is no longer pink inside.

*The DH and I are actually having this tonight! We like it because it still has all the yummy fried taste, but the oven part allows it to not be to greasy.

What I have watched and done in the past is take a bowl and put the buttermilk in it and then in another bowl place flour and any seasonings that you love on your chicken.
Place the chicken pieces in the flour mixture and then into the buttermilk and then back into the flour. Set the pieces on a rack for a couple minutes until you get a couple more pieces coated. Then ease them into a deep fryer or in a fry pan that has 2 to 3 inches of hot oil in it. You can also let the chicken soak in buttermilk for an hour or 2 before cooking. Jenn

Back
Top Bottom