Button Pictures

Quote:
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be snippy...

I have considered making my two larger dog cages into two-story pens..I have a board cut to fit the inside of the largest one already, but at the moment it's the bottom of my Serama brooder.

You could use a piece of cardboard or even a towel or sheet. What size dog kennels are we talking about?

Maybe 3 ft X 2 ft
hmm.png

It opens on the 2 ft. end? Or the 3 ft. end? If it opens on the 2 (probably) you could divide it in half down the middle and have 2 'cages' that way. Anything would work, cardboard, towel, wire, etc. If it opens on the 3 ft. end (unlikely but possible) you could divide it into 3 pens. What happened to your big shelf pens? Those seemed big enough that you could divide those too. Mine are in 11" x 11" pens as pairs and they do fine.

Quote:
The 2 ft end. Humm..the only probably would be how to attach the board to the dog cage..
hmm.png
My big shelf is in use...all 6 pens...I have 2 more shelves that are waiting to be made into pens..one of my brothers is home, I might be able to get him to work on it.. ( 1/100 ..
hmm.png
)

if you dont have room couldnt you just seperate the males and females and house the genders seperatley till there are more cages available? i dont really care but if you are running into teritorial or dominance issues seems like that would be your best bet. i think you have the only tuxedo button quail that i can honestly say i like it has very structured coloration.

Your birds are adorable! I love button quail! I'm sorry to hear about Sleepy. I feel your pain... I had a white button quail that just passed away to egg binding the other day. Sadly, this is what usually takes the life of a button quail female before she reaches a year old. To prevent this, I "retired" one of my white button quail after she hatched her last clutch of eggs. She's already over a year and a half now.

Little_Bigfoot - It would then be a hassle for me to remember which female went with which male..
hmm.png
smile.png

Angel throws the best babies, always cuties too. I'm really pleased with all of her off-spring so far! I can't wait till she starts laying again!

myfinefeatheredfriends - Thanks, from "birth" she was always sleeping and was never as active as the other ones, White are the most hardiest of buttons. She sure was a cutie though!
love.gif
You will be greatly missed!
hit.gif
hugs.gif

@Little Bigfoot: Not to mention the fact that you still run into dominance problems having all females or all males in a pen. Granted, this is usually better, but not all the time.

perhapes you could buy some plastic storage bins to use? those are relativly cheap and good sized just need some soft mesh for the top you could even look around craigslist for some cheap containers

Back
Top Bottom