Button quail- help sex and color with pictures

cdy

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 2, 2012
Hi there long time reader, first post had these button quails that hatched on dec 3 and 7 and was just wondering if anyone could help with sex and color. I am relatively new to button quails and any help would be appreciated. here they are thanks

A
A.jpg

B
B.jpg

C
C.jpg

D
D.jpg

E
E.jpg

F
F.jpg

G-shows red/rusty coloration around vent
Gred.jpg

H-shows red/rusty coloration around vent
Hred.jpg

I-no red/rusty coloration around vent
Inored.jpg

and lastly all(I have four more whites but decided not to take pictures of them individually)
all.jpg

A Red Breasted (gender would be unknown at this point but I am aiming at a hen if no red is forming). If red pops up, MALE

B Golden Pearl (gender unknown) the reason unknown as blue and red could show up anytime. These birds change like crazy. Looks more hen like though

C Silver tuxedo-pied

D Wild-type tuxedo-pied

E cinnamon tuxedo-pied

F Blue Face tuxedo-pied

G Silver, looks like silver blue face if no bib is present (male if you are seeing coloring around the vent, red or pink).

H Silver Pearl, lighter, possibly hen.

I Silver Blue faced if no bib present

Some of your whites are splash (dot on head). Those may get color on the vents.

Your birds are too young to really identify. You would want to wait until they are 6-8 weeks of age before re-identifying them and then you can start pairing them up.

Thank you for the kind words and help. I will repost pictures in a few weeks.

They are all adorable!

How did you get them to sit still for pics??? are they in a box?

I have a hatch from Dec. 2, with alot of similar colors and can't wait to get them all sorted. I need to get good pics.

I have a D and a F in that hatch.
smile.png

Quaillady... How do we tell the difference? Is it the thin gold line in the feathers on baby D ? Is that what's called pinning?

Back
Top Bottom