1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Button Quail pics, now 5 weeks old! *UPDATED with New Pics!*

Discussion in 'Quail' started by cluckcluck42, Jan 3, 2011.

1. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    I posted a thread when my buttons hatched awhile back, well here are some updated pics! I think we have two boys and three girls. Tell me if you think I'm wrong but so far we have two red butts. lol.

I also have a question- the white/splashy male, is that a silver pearl? Or what is he? He just recently developed the markings around his face. I think he is quite striking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here they were as babies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  2. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Quote:What color is the button to the far left?

3. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

beautiful! beautiful! beautiful!
    mine are 2 weeks old and i have no idea what they are except 2 blue faced ,1 white and 2 cinnamon .....6 of them are ?? [​IMG] LOL

4. mhwc56

Quote:What color is the button to the far left?

is that a hen.. a wild type /Blue breasted....? Quaillady where are you?

5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    The one on the far left is a red breasted hen [​IMG]

6. mhwc56

Quote:ooooooops! i knew i had it backwards ...Thanks for straightening my brains out there ...lol

are the Red breasted hens ever just like that except really dark charcoal and white?

7. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    They can be a little lighter than the one pictured but I cannot picture what you are describing...but yet again I am exhausted. [​IMG]

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  9. mhwc56

AND my description was terrible so it's not you.If i could get my computer to give up the pictures i load into it i'd be in good shape and could post them.However, it still wants to tell me that they do not exist so ....it's going too be a while before my son's able to get over and straighten it all out..
    1 of my chicks is charcoal grey with white edging on it's feathers . Then another is white with with wide charcoal edging except on it's flights which are coming in very pale silver with a light cinnamon towards the shaft area of the feather...i am sooooooooo CLUELESS with these guys! [​IMG]

10. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    thanks guys, it was fun watching them grow up. Boy did they have an ugly stage. [​IMG]

Anyone know what the white and grey male is?? I can't find anything matching him on stellargamebirds.com on the button color page. Any ideas?

I was thinking maybe he is a blue breasted golden pearl? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by