Button Quail pics, now 5 weeks old! *UPDATED with New Pics!*

cluckcluck42

Songster
10 Years
Oct 4, 2009
Quebec
I posted a thread when my buttons hatched awhile back, well here are some updated pics! I think we have two boys and three girls. Tell me if you think I'm wrong but so far we have two red butts. lol.

I also have a question- the white/splashy male, is that a silver pearl? Or what is he? He just recently developed the markings around his face. I think he is quite striking.

42359_quails_5_weeks.jpg

42359_quail_boys.jpg

And here they were as babies:

42359_1_quail_babies_small.jpg

42359_1_fallin_dasleep_small.jpg

42359_1_quail_in_hut_small.jpg

Last edited:
beautiful! beautiful! beautiful!
mine are 2 weeks old and i have no idea what they are except 2 blue faced ,1 white and 2 cinnamon .....6 of them are ??
hu.gif
LOL

Quote:
ooooooops! i knew i had it backwards ...Thanks for straightening my brains out there ...lol

are the Red breasted hens ever just like that except really dark charcoal and white?

They can be a little lighter than the one pictured but I cannot picture what you are describing...but yet again I am exhausted.
caf.gif

AND my description was terrible so it's not you.If i could get my computer to give up the pictures i load into it i'd be in good shape and could post them.However, it still wants to tell me that they do not exist so ....it's going too be a while before my son's able to get over and straighten it all out..
1 of my chicks is charcoal grey with white edging on it's feathers . Then another is white with with wide charcoal edging except on it's flights which are coming in very pale silver with a light cinnamon towards the shaft area of the feather...i am sooooooooo CLUELESS with these guys!
idunno.gif

thanks guys, it was fun watching them grow up. Boy did they have an ugly stage.
lau.gif

Anyone know what the white and grey male is?? I can't find anything matching him on stellargamebirds.com on the button color page. Any ideas?

I was thinking maybe he is a blue breasted golden pearl?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom