Button Quail pics, now 5 weeks old! *UPDATED with New Pics!*

I know EXACTLY what he is....beautiful! beautiful! beautiful!
love.gif

is he a pied? a splash?

Yay, an excuse to show more pictures!

42359_nye_jens_and_january_2011_bcm_chicks_095.jpg

42359_quails_close.jpg

Could the girl be a cinnamon red breasted female?? She has a lot of brown in her.

No, she is just a red breasted. The 'normal' ones are supposed to have a lot of brown on them, the 'white' ones are the ones they used to call Darth Vader.

The boy looks to me like a cinnamon silver, though I believe that normally makes the breast cinnamon, not the back. He almost looks like a cinnamon blueface except for the bib, bluefaces don't have bibs at all. The chick pic looks like some kind of silver, so that's what I'm sticking to.

Quote:
Cool! You don't have any pictures of what they look like full grown, do you? I've been going off that website (so helpful!) and that colours not on it yet. There are so many variations, it's nuts! Thanks for your knowledge
lol.png

You know I had two chicks that looked just like that guy. I thought they were splash of some kind too mine are a few weeks older than yours and now they are looking more like cinnamon Red breasted to me, They now have full red breasts kind of charcoal grey on there back. Here is a photo of mine at about that age yours are now.

They sure do change a lot and look so different from week to week.

John

69740_cinnamon_male.jpg

Last edited:
niiiiiiiice! MAN i LOVE the Button colors and the trying to figure out what they are going to look like tomorrow....and the next day ...and the next week! They seem to be ever changing
clap.gif
LOL

Yeah, Rainwolf and I discussed her button not long ago...the silver splash sounded legit. You may have one too
smile.png
It may evolve in a cinnamon red breast over time, who know
wink.png

Thanks for the pics guys, it sure will be interesting to see what they look like in a week from now. I had pictures on my camera from before NYE and after of the same silver male quail and just in a couple short days he was very different looking! They really do change fast. Well, I guess I will have to post updates in another month to show you all what he turned out like!

Back
Top Bottom