Button Quail pics, now 5 weeks old! *UPDATED with New Pics!*

Quote:
Ya know without your help we would all be clueless
big_smile.png

Huge thanks for all your info and help Quail lady!

my silver splash looked pure silver with a dark face/head up until just recently...
Hatched 11/26/10 and the photo was taken on 12/29/10
so I'll take another photo towards the end of this month and post as well.

Quote:
Ya know without your help we would all be clueless
big_smile.png

Huge thanks for all your info and help Quail lady!

my silver splash looked pure silver with a dark face/head up until just recently...
Hatched 11/26/10 and the photo was taken on 12/29/10
so I'll take another photo towards the end of this month and post as well.

Please do!! Thank goodness for this forum because otherwise there really is not much info on the interwebs about buttons. At least not that I have found!

No problem
smile.png
It's tough with button quail as there are no standards, but it is becoming easier to identify them. A picture at the end of the month will be great rainwolf
big_smile.png

Yes, we have new pictures!!

SURPRISE!!!!!!!! The boy we all thought might be some kind of splash went from that to this:

42359_quail_boy_3.jpg

Is he a Normal Red Breasted? I love his facial markings, doesn't it look like a big clown grinning at you?
big_smile.png
He could not have turned out more perfect, I just love his colour.

Now I have a question. I want two breeding groups and conveniently enough I have two males. As you can see one is blue faced and one is ??? (normal red breasted?). I put the ??? with my cinnamon blue faced and wild breasted girls. I just introduced them and thankfully they are all getting along great. He even started doing his 'turkey rampage' which must mean he is in love.

42359_ladies_and_blue_boy.jpg

If I put my blue faced boy with two blue faced girls will they produce entirely blue faced offspring?? What would be the best breeding groups? I'd really like to get more birds that look like the ??? boy. I was thinking of selling both blue faced girls unless they might give me some interesting coloured babies.

Another question, is this girl (below) the same as the wild breasted red girl (above)?? They look a lot alike, just the young one seems a lot more colourful, but I guess that could just be because she is young?

42359_girl_and_blue_faceds.jpg

42359_blue_faced.jpg

Thanks for looking :>

Last edited:
Yes, we've been over this in a previous thread, I bought these in a trio from a breeder, I had no idea they had to be monogomous. But after owning them I can tell you trios do JUST fine. My next breeding pen is going to be a pair. Thank you for pointing that out.

Thoughts on the pics?

Cinnamon pearl? He is all blue, is that what cinnamon pearl looks like? The colour genetics for buttons are so interesting!! I've been trying to compare him to photos on the stellarbirds button page and I thought he might end up being Normal Red-Breasted Golden Pearl. Is that possible? It wsa the general consensus when he was a baby that he was a silver pearl. He certainly has surprised me!! I appreciate everyone taking the time to look at my birds
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom