Buttonquail’s are dying. Need help urgent.

Can you post a picture of the nutrition label from their feed?
Do you have a picture of one of your sick birds?
Have you tried isolating any of them to really observe their symptoms?
What does their poop look like?

OK, good news…… She has laid eggs and is moving around quite normal. I threw in an extra water dish with some mullet as a snack or treat to see if that would get her moving more and helped. She has passed a few eggs and it looks like she’s doing just fine. Thank you everyone for responding. I’ll keep you updated on any changes.

It sounds like she was egg bound. I recommend giving them calcium on the side. The hens will eat as much as they need. This can be egg shell or oyster shell. Just make sure it's crushed small enough for them to eat.

If you see one of your hens in a corner all fluffed up and she's not pooping or laying, it's likely that she's egg bound. You want to get her into a warm epsom salt bath and get some calcium citrate into her to help her pass the egg. It is serious and will kill them fairly quickly.

Thank you so so much for your help. I have one last question I have regular chickens in my backyard. Can I cook scrambled eggs and dry out their shells and break them down really small and feed those to the Buttonquail or do I need to feed the Buttonquail only button, quail, eggs, and shells?

Thank you so so much for your help. I have one last question I have regular chickens in my backyard. Can I cook scrambled eggs and dry out their shells and break them down really small and feed those to the Buttonquail or do I need to feed the Buttonquail only button, quail, eggs, and shells?
I feed my quail all egg shells whenever I make eggs whether it be quail or chicken just make sure you wash it well.
I also give oyster shells

The chicken egg shells will be fine. They are also rich in calcium.

Thank you so much for your advice. I did cook up some quail eggs today and wash the shells. Good Dryden baked in the oven for a few minutes to make sure there’s no parasites broke them up and my girls went crazy. Going to be picking up some oyster shell today. Thank you, thank you thank you for all your advice.

Back
Top Bottom