Buttonquail’s are dying. Need help urgent.

ABohrer

In the Brooder
Nov 20, 2023
I need a Buttonquail expert help please. I have an aviary that my Buttonquail Lauren it’s rather large and I can send pictures. For the past three months all the Buttonquail‘s were doing perfectly fine no problems no fights no food issues laying eggs like mad. Then all the sudden they started dying off five here to here and each day there is always a dead Buttonquail. What could be causing this? Someone please help as I have another Buttonquail that sitting in a corner, not eating or drinking and I don’t know what to do. I will send photos of my aviary as I try my best to keep the shavings clean and wash off the plexiglass there is good ventilation in the aviary.
Please please please someone help. I want to keep my button quails live and I don’t know what to do.

Attachments

• IMG_4231.jpeg
    IMG_4231.jpeg
    794.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4230.jpeg
    IMG_4230.jpeg
    709.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4229.jpeg
    IMG_4229.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 21
I have had this aviary for seven months and everything was going perfectly fine. I have finches and a canary that live up top because they fly and they’re up top. The Buttonquail are the only ones on the bottom. Everything was going perfectly fine and then out of the blue, they started getting sick and I have no idea what’s going on. I lost about 10 Buttonquail and had to start fresh With new ones. And I have one that is now acting the same just sitting in a corner.

I clean weekly I put fresh shavings in the bottom of the aviary they have Hudson houses. I clean their food bowls daily, so I’m not sure what’s going on and why

The top part of my aviary is not glass. It is ventilated netting, so there is plenty of ventilation.

None of my finches or canaries have died. It just is happening to the Buttonquail, so I’m not understanding what’s going on. I really appreciate all that will help.

They are eating the game bird feed that everybody else is feeding their button quails. Of course they do get droppings from the finches and they nibble on those but they don’t eat anything they shouldn’t.

They are only about eight weeks old they are laying eggs they eat the diet that is what all other Buttonquail diets are. It’s the game feed 20%.

Back
Top Bottom