Buttons difficulty level compared to cots and bobs

rittert3

Crowing
13 Years
May 1, 2009
Ks (Manhattan area)
I've alway been scared to try buttons because they are so small. It makes me think, smaller, more delicate, easier to kill. My current living situation keeps me from having bigger birds so I am giving buttons a second thought. Am I right in my line of thinking or totally off? Are they harder to hatch, brood and raise? I have some fish tanks with screen tops and can get carpet padding for the boink issue, are there any other "special" needs they have compared to other quail? If I deside to try them again I will probably also be looking for someone local that raises/ keeps them. I have kept pigeons, doves, pheasant, chickens, junglefowl, and bobs so I'm not afraid of something new I just want to know what I would be getting myself into before I deside to get some. These betta's on the desk are to boring, lol.

I don't have personal experience but from what I've read, yes they are harder to raise, more fragile et cetera. However there are also some nice stories about hand-tamed buttons. They seem to be more friendly?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom