Buttons vs Coturnix

Reading all those posts about buttons I,d ask

WHY KEEP BUTTONS?

I never did , I have nothing against buttons, neither I am trying to bash buttons, just looking from a sidelines.

Obviously they are not very good for eating I guess I'll get no argument about this one.

Seems that from most of your posts they are not very suitable as pets either.

My wife has cockatiels, lovely, very intelligent and loving human interaction birds.

They are very suitable species for pets, they are colorful, beautiful, tame birds, also they are singing, whistling, one of them 20 years old is trying to mimic my wife, laughing, caughing, making a sowing sound (when I am cutting stuff with my sow) or imitating sound of a teaspoon when I am stirring my tea or coffee.

They will sit on your shoulder, or flyiing around your room if you let them. When I was still smoking this cockatiel was pulling my cigs from my t-shirt pocket, and let me have them, he was never trained to do so..

I do not get it why some people insist to make pets of domestic poultry like.... : (keeping ducks in the house) this is an extreme, especially if you are forcing your duck to use diapers .

But this is a separate subject LOL

Quote:
For the same reasons that people keep finches I would think. Finches are also small, flighty birds that shouldn't be handled...but people still keep them.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom