Buyer Alert!

McSpin

Songster
12 Years
Jun 1, 2007
South Western NY
I just had a bad experience getting hatching eggs from an ebay seller. I should have been more careful with my questions before bidding, since he only had 4 prior sales to my auction.

I've had hatching eggs shipped in many times, and his packaging was by far the worst I've ever seen. Eggs in a carton, with one thin strip of bubble wrap laid on top of the eggs and a thin pad about 1/16" thick surrounding the cartons. The whole thing was crammed tightly into the smallest possible box it could have gone into. It was in so tight I hard a hard time just pulling the cartons out of the box. The box itself had no apparent external damage, so it didn't appear to have any worse handling than normal priortiy mail.

Needless to say, 17 out of 24 eggs broken. I am actually completely amazed that 7 of them weren't broken, but they were completely saturated in yolk. Seller has not responded to several emails I've sent.

Seller ID was wud412

His name is Cecil Richmond.
CrushedEggs3.jpg

CrushedEggs2.jpg

CrushedEggs1.jpg

Those are pretty sorry looking eggs! Did you check his prior feedback? Can you file a complaint with Paypal?

Suzy

What a disaster! If you haven't yet left feedback you can file a complaint for a refund with PayPal, and another complaint with ebay, which will mediate the situation. Go for it, that's the worst packaging I've ever seen.

Eggs are hard to ship, especially to some locals. I had some I shipped last year three times to one lady and they did not make it. We decided that somebody in her local post office was really ruff with packages because we could not get them to her safely no matter how I wrapped them.

Quote:
Yes, I understand that damage can happen, even with the best of packaging. But when you approach the worst in packaging, damage has to be expected and that's not what I was ..... expecting.

That is no way to wrap eggs. That is byfar the worst packing job I have seen. I would email him back letting him know that his packing wasnt how it should be, and that almost all of the eggs were broken. If he doesnt offer a refund, etc, I would go to paypal and file a dispute/refund. If I got eggs sent to me that way I would be
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom