Buying a prefab coop?

Honestly, I can't think of a prefab coop that I've ever seen that's designed with proper ventilation. It seems awful to pay $$$ for a coop and then just have to cut holes in the walls to put in vents.

What I did was design the coop I wanted, then I got someone to build it for me locally.

I'm pretty sure there are some ad links on the BYC home page? The thing to really watch for are the ads telling you that the coop will fit 10 chickens when it will really only fit 3. I might be exaggerating, but not by much.

I bought the chick-n-villa for around $400 and I was not impressed, but not screaming in anger either. It is suitable for a breeding pen or a temperate climate, but I probably will not use it in the New England winters. It is a little flimsy, too drafty and very small. If you are interested in that line, go to crittercages.com for good prices. Good luck!

Well I need small we only have 3 chickens (only allowed 2) so most all the plans on here I have seen are too big. I think I just need a glorified dog house.

Back
Top Bottom