Buying peafowl eggs on ebay/BYC:The good, Bad and scammer avoidance

i tried to bid on the pea eggs, but they ended up out of my budget and i'm getting turkey eggs from bargain instead... rofl...
but i did try....
i hatched 2 but lost one from eggs i took from under my peahen i left at my old property...
i need to find it a few friends.... i have a line on some chicks here locally and am hoping in 2 years to have some eggs to sell...

I am not sure if I should answer this question here but here goes. We are offering peafowl eggs for sale. We have 2 black wing and 1 india blue males. Each male is in his own pen with 2 to 3 females. All are calm natured. Some will eat out of your hand. The eggs are assorted due to not marking them as to which pen they come from. I know the eggs are fertile but can't guarantee they will all hatch due to how the eggs will be treated through the mail and how what others incubating skills. My hatching eggs are not washed so some will have dirt spots on them. I collect eggs daily and have some in my bator. I hope to have some peachicks soon. We are asking $4 an egg at my door. I live in southern Indiana. I have never mailed eggs so if you want them mailed to you please tell me how to ship them. Send me an e-mail if your interested.

David, what you have are known as blackshoulders... You should list in the sale area, auction type. More people will see them there.

Shipping peafowl eggs not that hard, but hatch rate are lower. I have shipped them the last 4 years with none broken.

Its been a while but I bought 2 pea egg's on Ebay.The lady was SUPER one of 2 egg's was fertile and the one did hatch.She was nice enough to send me another egg just for price of shipping just in hopes of having a mate for it.I hope everyone that buys egg's can hatch some.We have decided not to get anymore pea's here not until We can afford to build Big covered run's for them.Some people have good luck free ranging them in some area's but not here
barnie.gif
.I sold my last Cameo hen to save her from stupid neighbor dogs, fox, and coyote and "Certain Mario Andretti driver's!
somad.gif
. I never sold bad egg's on Ebay We hatched chicks and duck's like mad from here at home and most buyer's had good hatche's.It's just a gamble but there are some out there that will send egg's even knowing they are dud's sorry to say.Good Luck
thumbsup.gif

a friend of mine got some pheasants eggs recently, and she candled to check air cells, and a lot of them had half developed chicks in them already, and some had bloodrings...

i've also seen add where people say they already have the eggs collected and boxed ready to go at the end of a 3 day auction....

barnie.gif

the same friend that had the bad pheasants says she will still order from ebay becasue she's had mor egood than bad...
it just scares me...
i'd rather pay someone i've seen type intelligent replies to topics in a forum....

Quote:
List some more peafowl eggs for BYC members, start at 15.00, hope that helps

I would love to bid on your's but I'm afraid of the distance they would travel would end up scrambling them. I don't have much luck from Ohio for some reason.... dang PO : (

Anyone near FL looking for peafowl eggs on ebay, a nice lady in Lady Lake sells on there and I have had good success with the eggs hatching. I have met her in person also, very nice woman who loves her birds.

Quote:
List some more peafowl eggs for BYC members, start at 15.00, hope that helps

I would love to bid on your's but I'm afraid of the distance they would travel would end up scrambling them. I don't have much luck from Ohio for some reason.... dang PO : (

Anyone near FL looking for peafowl eggs on ebay, a nice lady in Lady Lake sells on there and I have had good success with the eggs hatching. I have met her in person also, very nice woman who loves her birds.

I purchased some eggs from her on Ebay last year. I hatched out two very nice white males. The eggs were shipped all the way to Wisconsin.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom