BYC 2013 WATERFOWL breeders Directory

Oh they are simply magnificent!

A million or so years ago I painted a picture of Mother Goose and needed goose reference pictures. Buff was the prettiest color I found. They've nestled away in my imagination ever since. Now I've got my own Buff geese (breed and color) but the Toulouse in that color always turn my head. Some day maybe...

Here is the picture - you can tell I didn't have geese then, I got the nostrils all wrong (and the thought of either breed getting airborne just makes me laugh now)

Oh they are simply magnificent! A million or so years ago I painted a picture of Mother Goose and needed goose reference pictures. Buff was the prettiest color I found. They've nestled away in my imagination ever since. Now I've got my own Buff geese (breed and color) but the Toulouse in that color always turn my head. Some day maybe... Here is the picture - you can tell I didn't have geese then, I got the nostrils all wrong (and the thought of either breed getting airborne just makes me laugh now)
Wow... That picture is stunning, despite the nostrils and the zero chance that any toulouse would get above an inch off the ground :lol: I wanted greys. I didn't even know buffs existed. I wanted goslings (for bonding reasons). I was very blessed when these two were offered to me. It was unexpected, and I would have paid a fortune for them. I ended up buying each for $50 as a day old. I think that was a great deal. Especially with how well they have turned out. They came from very nice lines. Some of the very best in Canada. However, buffs are so rare.. It is very hard to find a buff gander. Ask Celtic. We both were searching high and low for some! I just love the colour. I can't imagine my farm without them.
_MG_5197.jpg
This is probably my favourite picture I've ever taken. :lol: I just love their personalities. The reason I wanted toulouse over any other breed was because of the chub. They fit in here! ;)

Ok, back home again, had to pick up a new breeding gander from the PO.

Shipping will stay yes or no since really we want buyers contacting breeders. The more info we put there the smaller the boxes become and the more cramped the text is.

Our new gander Chance at his breeders home (CottageRose) before coming to us

Shellie, you lucky goose you!!
wink.png
I lurked CottageRose's site night and day waiting for her to list birds for sale....and then one day while I was gone to town (Oct 10) I came back and it said everything was sold. Oh well. LOL

Luck, lucky, lucky!!!

~ Aspen
Ok, back home again, had to pick up a new breeding gander from the PO.

Shipping will stay yes or no since really we want buyers contacting breeders. The more info we put there the smaller the boxes become and the more cramped the text is.

Our new gander Chance at his breeders home (CottageRose) before coming to us

Back
Top Bottom