BYC 2016 OTHER POULTRY TYPES CALENDAR - Pics Needed!

Pics

This is Jibby the boy bird. I let my birds fly around my home. He got himself inserted thru the blinds and I had to carefully raise them so he could get out. Silly little goober.
This is the girl, Little Bit. She is kinda perched on the swung open cage door. I love her.

For such tiny creatures, these finches are energetic, noisy and full of personality. The one major drawback, and they're not hand raised, is that I cannot handle them. They freak out. But on occasion when I have to, they get the kissing treatment. They are slightly smaller than a house sparrow.

@Julie Bird they're so pretty! I always stop to look at the finches at our local hardware store (they have a big pet section with fish, turtles, snakes, birds, etc.). Never had one but I love to watch them and hear their chatter.

Thank you for sharing the pictures!

I love your signature line, LOL!! Muscovies are my absolute favorites! [shhhh... don't tell my mallards] :) I started out with 11 last year and now I've got 35+.

My mom just emailed me and told me that one of my photos made it to the semifinals? Was she mistaken? I didn't even know she knew about BYC or was following this contest. I haven't seen any announcements or updates. What does she know that I don't? LOL!

(she was probably just mistaken, she does that a lot)

Last edited:

This is Jibby the boy bird. I let my birds fly around my home. He got himself inserted thru the blinds and I had to carefully raise them so he could get out. Silly little goober.
This is the girl, Little Bit. She is kinda perched on the swung open cage door. I love her.

For such tiny creatures, these finches are energetic, noisy and full of personality. The one major drawback, and they're not hand raised, is that I cannot handle them. They freak out. But on occasion when I have to, they get the kissing treatment. They are slightly smaller than a house sparrow.

EEEE I love your honorary short-billed pygmy ducks! Jibby is just so cute. I love his handsome orange cheeks. I wish they weren't so skittish around you, though. Maybe if they ever had babies you could hand-raise them so they'd be super sweet and tame for you?

My mom just emailed me and told me that one of my photos made it to the semifinals? Was she mistaken? I didn't even know she knew about BYC or was following this contest. I haven't seen any announcements or updates. What does she know that I don't? LOL!

(she was probably just mistaken, she does that a lot)

Silly mom! We've gotten through the first round of rating each photo. There will be some eliminations now based on those ratings and then we'll rate what's left. I don't recall the time frame, but I believe everything goes to the company that produces the calendar around the 3rd week in October.

lol.png
naw it would be awesome... I love judging all my chicken shows!! I find it really fun to do that.....

Back
Top Bottom