BYC Android App!!!!

Pics
Android App Pretty Please... I just lost a post I has spent quite a bit of time on before it could be published. I also lose my place a lot when researching information and it gets tedious trying to find it again. Just a friendly 2 cents there. Peace. :)

The app would allow mobile notifications and a more sure place to respond to the threads. I've lost the comment I was about to post a few times in my mobile browser, so I seldom post when I otherwise would.

I have has the same issues.

X3
...I also have this issue with my Android ..a Note 2. :he
I can't even upload pictures with the phone is the program from the mobile site freezes on me quite often on a regular basis which is very sad for me I have a lot to share on the threads. I would like to help Share with people and educate them with my experiences.

it takes me maybe a half hour or more to post something and not even be able to use the mobile sites picture upload because it gets stuck,... periodically. :(

I'd like to know what this mysterious IOS app does that the mobile site doesn't. Is it really so great, or would it just be the mobile site on a different browser with some sort of notification support, asking for a lot of creepy permissions? A lot of website apps do that.

Please please an android app for byc. Most times I can't upload picts, we are 2 members on byc with 3 Samsung devices, a note 8, tab 3 7.0 and galaxy s5 and I'm upgrading to a note 4.

I program Android and IOS apps. The reality is likely that the app would just use a 'WebView' to display the mobile version of the website. In Android, it would behave the same as Chrome browser, and in IOS it would function the same as Safari. The only real difference would be the menu at top probably. Unless Huddler releases their own app version of the the forum, it is unlikely much can be feasibly improved upon, because no one can afford to reinbent the wheel by writing a raw new forum app (besides Huddler).

So if you want improved functionality on Android, then your best bet is to try another browser. Chrome is the default, but you can install Firefox for example.

Last edited:
If you just want a notification, set up email notifications, and your email app will tell you about anything new.

Ah, that's true. My inbox is never very busy, so I guess I forget what that can be like. :D
Probably too cumbersome a solution to be worth it, but there's probably an alternate mail client that does custom notifications based on sender, or a good RSS reader you could use.

Back
Top Bottom