BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Alaskan has a standing offer for coffee if ever he/she visits NJ. [​IMG]

2. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Well, whomever's fault is fine as long as it isn't mine. Pretty much think that we are farther North than Alaska for this one......
    Power went out while we were at the wrestling tournament and it is obviously back on at the moment. Got the wood stove fired up and drying out some more wood and saving the dry stuff in case we really do lose power for a few days. We are under a flood warning and a winter storm warning and something big took my neighbor's goat last night, no sign of it, just an alien abduction kind of a thing...... no remains found on my property, I already looked when we got home and I read the post.
    So, what's new with you all......

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Maybe the aliens thought the goat was the one in charge.

4. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    Lol [​IMG]

Hey all!

It's raining here today (and was yesterday too) but with the mountains of snow and floods you guys are copping I don't think it would be fair of me to complain too loudly. Even though my washing won't dry and my cats have walked little sodden footprints through my house....

I have not had the pleasure of 'meeting' Alaskan but she must be a good egg if you guys are friends with her, so I do hope she drops into the Café some time soon [​IMG]

Let me see, what's news here? Well, my chickens are leaving this Wednesday [​IMG] I think I'm all cried out over that. My brother (who is going to adopt them) has re-jigged his whole coop and run to fox-proof it, and I know they will be well looked after so that's the best I can hope for.

We collect the keys to our new house (240km away) on Friday, and we are going to take a load of kitchen stuff up with us, which I will set up while hubby unloads a trailer of wood. Conveniently I ordered a huge pile of wood two weeks prior to realising we were moving house, so unfortunately we have to haul it all across the state to the new place now!

Haven't started packing yet (moving day is 30th May) but I suspect it will all come together fairly quickly. I am a 'just chuck it in a box' type packer, not a neat, orderly packer! A few relatives have volunteered their services for moving day which is much appreciated.

Not much else to report. The IVF is on hold for a month until we have moved - partly to give my body a rest, and partly because it would be silly to risk my last shot whilst carrying heavy boxes. Hopefully once we are settled in and unpacked, we will have room in our lives for a little one to enter.

Krista x

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  5. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

That's good thinking, the move alone will a enough of a stress without even thinking about the hard labor that goes with moving.
    Take care Eh?
    Scott

6. Mtn Margie

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Unfortunately, no aliens, just a mountain lion. Someone found the buried carcass.
    Power is flickering again. Made coffee for tomorrow and food. Time for bed and maybe I will chat tomorrow- maybe.

7. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    Thanks Scott, I will.

I'm trying to 'not stress' about things and trust that everything will work out ok in the end. I'm putting my whole life out into the universe's hands [​IMG]

Do feel free to remind me about all the long hours, cow dung, poor pay and lack of appreciation at the dairy in two or three months time though - I think by then I'll be very appreciative of our upcoming move.

MOUNTAIN LIONS? [​IMG] Holy moly! Out of interest, do you keep a rifle handy by the front door 'just in case?'

I hope the storm moves on for you soon, it feels like you guys have been stuck in Winter forever. How is it that I remember when I was in Summer, and now I'm in Autumn (fast moving into Winter) and it's STILL snowing there? Do you not get a Summer?! I think you need to talk to the powers-that-be about this.......

Krista x

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So sorry to hear it was taken by a mountain lion. The aliens might have been kinder. I can't imagine how anyone can protect animals from such a large, strong predator.

9. Mtn Margie

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Sing it!!!
    Only three inches of snow on the ground,
    Only three inches of snow,
    Brew one up,
    Pass it around,
    Only three inches of snow on the ground!!!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    It's going to be 94 degrees today.
    I think we need to ... isn't there some sort of exchange program that we can get going? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by