BYC Café

It's going to be 94 degrees today.
I think we need to ... isn't there some sort of exchange program that we can get going?
hu.gif

Now THIS is a good idea! We don't have any snow here (I've only ever seen snow once, and it was so light that it melted before it hit the ground) but I can offer rain to anyone who is interested! It's a dull, dark. wet day here today and I am grateful I only have to go out once today - to take my cat to the vet for her shots.

I have a quiet day planned today. A bit of housework, a bit of paperwork, a lot of packing, and a trip to town with the cat. Not particularly excited about any of it to be honest!

Krista x

Burrr! Not quite ready for the morning, I guess I had one too many margaritas so keep the coffee coming. At least it is sunny here today. Not fake sunny like yesterday when it clouded up in the noontime and started to snow again. My neighbor is calling Division of Wildlife and is going to ask them to check the carcass. We think it is a big male lion hanging out. They usually move more but this one seems to be taking a liking to the hood. I am not too particularly worried about it as we are more likely to get stomped by a cute fuzzy moose than attacked by a lion, but if it decides dogs are on the menu, then we/they will shoot it for sure. Although, there are some dogs that we could definitely do without in the hood so maybe...... I pellet pinged one dog the other day cause it was avidly checking out the chicken pen and they never keep the thing home. We will see if it remembers to not come back or maybe the kitty already took it.

Good Morning everyone. Been busy working far more than I would like, but it keeps my mind off the house. Which is at a stand still until we get a basement. I did get a quote for my kitchen cabinets and countertops, almost choked on my coffee!:eek:. It was a wee bit more than we are willing to pay!

It is cold and rainy here, although we need the rain, so I'm happy to see it. The leaves are finally starting to pop on the trees, and DH mowed the lawn for the first time this year.

Another day at work today, and Tuesday and Wednesday. Then it is off to watch child #2 graduate from college. When the daughter and son were little I used to tell people that I was glad I had the children while I was young, and that they were pretty close together (less than two years). Why, They would both be done with college before I was 50! That seemed so far away. Now it is here and I'm not ready!

Well we seemed to have skipped right over spring and shot directly into summer. It went from cold to hot so fast. It was about 65 this morning (which I like because of putting my baby chicks outside already) on its way to 90. I don't miss the snow, but I was hoping for a little bit of springtime before baking in the heat.

I didn't see mention of Mother's Day, so I hope you all had a lovely one. Mine was decent. (I did get some more chickens). Got to see DH's mother, who is not all that well health-wise, and also got to see my son! If only my mother were still around...

Speaking of mountain lions, I got a trail cam pic of some type of cat lurking around my chicken coop. It was taken at midnight, so its black and white, I can't tell for sure what kind it is. Bobcat, puma, something. I'm going to post it in the predators section to get someone to identify it for me. I have 4 trail cameras running during deer season, and usually one or two run all year, and have never gotten any pics like this before.

You should post the link to your post so we can see too! We got to play with our new kitten yesterday and it will come here when I get rid of my eat everything dogs that are not my dogs. Here Kitty, Kitty , Kitty !
lau.gif
(sorry, sick humor....)

You should post the link to your post so we can see too!    We got to play with our new kitten yesterday and it will come here when I get rid of my eat everything dogs that are not my dogs.   Here Kitty, Kitty , Kitty  !   :lau      (sorry, sick humor....)

Heehee, that's funny.

General consensus is domestic or feral cat. I hope that's all it is and I never get any more pics of it. What do yall think?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...pics-identification-help-please#post_15245420

Just a cat, out here everyone sets them loose - they go up and down the utility easement hunting big game ie; goldfinches, cardinals, and any really beautiful birds just passing through. They think they are too good for mice.

Back
Top Bottom