BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Krista, lots of hugs to you and snuggles from the mutt. I'm sure your bro will get turned on to the dark side...and you'll be getting regular chicken updates :)

Good luck with the impending move.

2. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    I am sure they will be fine in their new home. To them it is a new adventure and they have each other...
    you however, get a [​IMG].

Stupid dogs got out when the boys were playing B-ball and had a great time romping through the wetland mud. We drove around and found them, before the Kitty did, and now I am covered in stinky swamp mud! Guess I will have to teach my guys how to properly foil the escaping beasts. Seriously worse than a toddler these two dogs.....
    but I am going for a ride on my horse tomorrow and that is that!

3. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sorry I'm late, had a busy day. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Scott

4. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Start with the boys cleaning up the dogs, that should help them remember the beasts need kept in.
    Have a good ride!
    Scott

5. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    Naughty puppies. I bet they came home with big smiles on their faces though.

Well, folks, I am officially chicken-less. I am quite sad, but the chookies seemed to cope ok with the whole catching and caging process. I had a bucket of vegie scraps to put in with them and that diverted any potential fear to excitement, and my brother is going to call with an update tonight.

He said he is worried about his 2 cockerels and how they will react when George (my rooster) hits the ground. I told him to be prepared for a dual - but that George would probably win. He is the daddy of the 2 cockerels my brother has, and is much bigger and older!

George has my 11 girls to look after, and my brother has 23 other hens, so technically 3 roosters to 34 hens should be ok - as long as they stay out of George's way!

I hope they are ok. I can't wait to hear about it tonight.

Thanks for the hugs. I will be ok, but I do miss them already.

Krista x

6. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    Just got a call from my brother. Apparently Georgie was challenged by his son (my brother's cockerel) and Georgie backed down! He has been relegated to the position of sub-rooster! Tough day at the office for Georgie....

Aside from the regular tussles you would expect, I am told they are all settling in quite well. They are all cooped in together for their first night.

Fingers crossed it's not a blood-bath in the morning!

Krista

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Mtn Margie now don't you go riding without your rifle - kitty is out there

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Krista here's an extra set [​IMG][​IMG]

9. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Haha that's funny. How old is Georgie?

10. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Is it Friday yet? I'm dragging today. I need a whole day to sleep. Last night was the first night in months (since I started incubating eggs!) that I have actually slept for 6 straight hours. Now I need more zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by