BYC Café

I personally think you need coffee.
Georgie is on someone else's turf, and I think he will revisit the issue when he settles a bit.
No rifle, just a knife, just in case and a multitool and other fun stuff. My horse chases bears out of the pasture..... Kittys don't usually go for horses because being solitary hunters, they can't afford to get hurt. My old horse would track the kitty's; she was an amazing horse and we sure had some crazy adventures

Haha that's funny. How old is Georgie?

Georgie is roughly 17 - 18 months old. His offspring are around 8 months old. Apparently there was a quick challenge, and Georgie ran away and hid somewhere. This is most uncharacteristic of his - usually he will race at the cats, birds flying overhead - he even protected the flock from a hawk attack. Perhaps he will re-group and have another attempt once he is familiar with the territory. I was certain he would be flock master, but who knows....

Apparently, Orpy headed straight for her favourite nest box as soon as she was put in the coop. This does not surprise me as it was her favourite spot when she was here! She would go there to lay, to sit and contemplate, to be broody. This is a shot of her I took when we were getting ready to move them all:-

"She's in the nest box and refusing to get out? Really?!"

Krista x

Poor Georgie, he just doesn't know how he ended up on a strange farm, with strange roosters and chickens. Once he feels at home I'm sure he will take over as Alpha roo.

Coffee! I NEED coffee! DH is out of town and the dogs decided they really, really needed to get up at 5 AM! Yuck! That is the only thing I can say.

Krista, I hope you are doing well. Changes can be scary, exciting and nerve-wracking all at the same time. Hopefully this "new start" will bring some happy changes.

I have been working like crazy to keep my mind off things, but this weekend my baby graduates from college. I'm so very proud of both of my children, but I don't like that they are grown- ups! Especially because I'm not any older!

It has been cold and snowy, yes snowy here this past week. Hoping for a warm up soon.

Off to get my oil changed and find some more coffee. Oh yes, the dogs have put themselves back to bed!

Mine graduates from high school. I think I can do it.
I think when they have graduated from college then you no longer have a kid or a young adult on your hands, but as my aunt pointed out, you have a peer.
That's a big shift.
My grand parents did that very well, my parents did not. I hope I can be like my grandparents. I try to be.

And you can join me in my growing young thing. I have this theory that if I do it right, after I hit fifty I started going in the opposite direction. I won't be 53 in June, I will be 47. Then instead of dying, I'll just not be. It is a perception thing, I suppose, but It is more fun thinking this way.
...and I get away with more stuff.

Enjoy the ceremony! Blessing to her and all around!

Actually, I like being an old, cranky, fart, I earned it. I was so meek and mousy most of my life and everyone walked on me (my fault) now the tables are turned. Insert evil laugh here.....

That was me. I was the sociopath's dream goat.
Then I had a kid, and I decided he won't ever be treated that way! I flexed my backbone. Now I am being the kid I was not allowed to be. My mother said I came out of the womb 34 years old.

When she told my three year old that he was being immature, and my husband said, 'yes, he is three.'
My entire world shifted. "Heck yea, he is on the floor rolling around and laughing, if he can do it now when can he do it?"
I decided my grampa was right. My mom was a little old lady.
Diva, You might be old, you might be little, I know you are a lady, but you are NOT a little old lady.

We deserve to have fun now.

Well Georgie is still young enough... I also believe he will take his rightful place when he settles in. I'll be curious to know though, so keep us posted.

I will hit the big 5-0 exactly 2 months from today. Ugh! I thought I would dread it, but I guess I'm old enough that its not really bothering me... yet...

Back
Top Bottom