BYC Café

I cried when I turned 27! I was now old, and all the fun was over:hit.

My friend said 36, after that it was all over.

Little did we know...I love life much more now than I ever did in my twenties, or thirties! And you couldn't pay me enough money to go back to high school, NO thanks!

The ride was fun today; we didn't go yesterday due to rain and it is supposed to rain and snow this weekend again. OVER IT!!
My garden loves it though. Now that I have eaten something, it is time to unload the chicken feed and put the dogs out.
I don't think I ever grew up and still not trying too hard. 3rd son graduates HS next weekend and I think he is heading to MT to work cattle, fix fence and all that on a spread. My little guy keeps me honest and sane and I personally love to watch them turn into young men and meet the challenges presented to them. I find it fascinating and then they are old enough to buy me a shot of Tequila for Mother's Day !!
Time just keeps ticking on...... 51 and counting....

Last edited:
You're only as old as you make yourself feel.

The saying around these parts is "You're only as old as the person you're feeling!" This works out great for my hubby, but not so great for me - he is 52 and I'm only 40
big_smile.png

Today we are heading off to collect the keys to our new house. That is a bit exciting. We will finally get to see it! Well, we did briefly 'see' it when the agent showed us through, but I kid you not, we were only in there for maybe 5 minutes. I didn't get a chance to look in the cupboards, or even walk into the walk-in robe! She was in such a hurry, for all I know the linen press could be full of dead bodies the previous tenant left behind. That reminds me, I'd better take some gloves with us.

So we are taking up a load of firewood and linen with us. I am slowly dismantling my current house and over the weekend we will try and move the kitchen and bathroom stuff up there too. It's a 2 hour drive so we won't take any more than that until moving day on the 30th. I am taking my measuring tapes so I can figure out where I want everything to go when we move in. This should be fun too. Unless I come to the realisation that nothing is going to fit, in which case it will be frustrating and make me put on my cranky pants.

The chooks are settling in well apparently. My brother sent me a FB clip of when he opened the coop yesterday morning. A heap of his chickens flew out, then two of mine, then some of his, and then Georgie swaggers on out, all casual-like! Some of mine stayed on the roost, which makes me think that (a) They found a nice spot to sleep that night and (b) They are just taking time to adjust to their new surroundings. I did tell him they might take a few days in the coop before they are comfortable enough to explore outside, and not to rush them. The main thing is they looked ok, which gives me no end of relief.

Krista x

I cried when I turned 27! I was now old, and all the fun was over:hit.

My friend said 36, after that it was all over.

Little did we know...I love life much more now than I ever did in my twenties, or thirties! And you couldn't pay me enough money to go back to high school, NO thanks!

My teens were a terrible time for me. I was picked on endlessly about my weight and I did not enjoy the snippiness that other girls exhibited. Teenaged girls are much like ducks - they pick off little bits of you until there is nothing left.

My 20's were full of bad boyfriends, too much alcohol, and endless parties. It was a fun time but not a time filled with much personal growth.

My 30's were better - I discovered who I really was, set my bar higher in both the work and the boyfriend areas, developed my own style and decided what I wanted in life.

I am 40 now and I have developed into a strong willed, determined person. Life still throws up challenges and although they often floor me, I recover quickly. I feel I have a strong sense of self, and a good understanding of what is wrong and right. 40 is ok so far.

Birthdays don't really worry me. Getting older doesn't worry me either (said the woman with purple foils in her hair.)

What comes after getting older simply terrifies me. I have no acceptance of death - when it relates to me that is. I just can't comprehend how something like that could happen to me. I wonder if you start getting an acceptance of it the older you get? Because I'm going to fight it the whole way!

Krista x

Happy Friday all! Its such fun to read this thread. I don't always have time to comment, but I just wanted to take a minute to say you all brighten my day. I love reading everyone's stories... funny, sad, venting, silly, whatever you feel like sharing! I just think its cool.

So I'll add my little blurb. We had a meeting at work a couple of days ago. We will most likely be closing up within a few months, maybe 6 at the most. The owner found a buyer, so they are working out the details. I do payroll and accounting, so obviously, I'll be one of the last out the doors. Its gonna be sad. But honestly, I'm looking forward to some time off, I've worked for enough years, I think I deserve some unemployment benefits for a bit. Then I'll determine if hubby can support me without my income. The sad thing is that we have some employees with 30+ years of service...

Have a great weekend!!

I might be too 'over the hill' for all of you guys, I do plan on doing the high speed skid in to the death bed, on a burn out with a cold beer in hand, all used up! I can do Medicare next year for real, thats a bummer!.
Scott
That's the right mind set!
thumbsup.gif

I was disappointed in some relatives that oozed into their lazy-boys and bemoaned the way the world was headed.
They just were not looking in the right direction.
You get out of it what you put into it.

Well, hello everyone.

Just a quick post from me this evening, to report that we collected the keys to our new house and went for a bit of a look-see (moving day is not until the 30th.)

While I was there I cracked my head on a fridge alcove and split it open, and wound up in the local hospital having my scalp glued back together.

Welcome to your new town!

It can only get better from here, lol.

Sorry to hear about your job WV, but glad you are welcoming a little time off.

Scott and 3goodeggs I like your attitudes!

Krista x

ep.gif

geesh Krista! Christening the new place in blood. Ow-ch. I am so sorry that happened.
Here I am telling you, 'it will all be good.' You still have to watch where you are going.
hugs.gif

Please don't let that damper the excitement of the change. Look for positive things and you will find them.
You know where the hospital is now. that might go on the 'good thing list', and you met some people when they stitched you up...
Yea. I am reaching.
That was a bummer. sorry you did that.
hugs.gif

ep.gif

geesh Krista! Christening the new place in blood. Ow-ch. I am so sorry that happened.
Here I am telling you, 'it will all be good.' You still have to watch where you are going.
hugs.gif

Please don't let that damper the excitement of the change. Look for positive things and you will find them.
You know where the hospital is now. that might go on the 'good thing list', and you met some people when they stitched you up...
Yea. I am reaching.
That was a bummer. sorry you did that.
hugs.gif

Actually, I found the silver lining you were looking for 3goodeggs.

The Doctor that stitched me up turned out to be the town's OBGYN! I am hoping I need his services again in the future - although in a slightly different way!

Feeling ok this morning. Just had a quick breakfast and am now off to haul a tonne of wood and some boxes into our trailer, and do another 2 hour trip up the road.

We are getting there. Slowly!

Krista x

Back
Top Bottom