BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Okay, well you know those rodents that we were discussing? I just had a chipmunk kill and start eating on of my meatie chicks. It drug it over to the wood pile and now DH is sitting out there with a pellet gun waiting for it to come back out and start eating it again. He saw it dragging the chick towards its den. @#%&*!!!!!!!! NOT a fan of rodents, except rabbits on my dinner table.
    War has been declared!

2. tjo804

tjo804 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2014
    Cedar Creek, Texas
    I had no idea those buggers ate meat
    I used to watch them in Mich but they are not here in Texas I think because of the Road Runners they would not stand a chance!

3. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Jerks!!!!

We need to get more traps here too. The mil reclaimed her squirrelanator...so now we're trapless.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    How awful, the chipmunks are horrible out here but, I never would have thought they'd take a chick. Cats love to grab them, they used to eat them on the front step and leave body parts behind. I didn't feel sorry for the chipmunks - they were burrowing under the foundation and everything. When I put out moth balls to repel them they buried them close to the basement window. I could smell those fumes like they were in the room with me. Nasty, vile , vengeful creatures.

5. N F C

N F C phooey! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    An outing would be fun but all we have to do is water everything and that usually makes it rain. Or spray. Or fertilize.

If I don't water, it doesn't rain...if I do water, it rains. [​IMG]

The kayaking outing sounds like fun!

6. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    kayaking good but, not during thunderstorms.

7. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens

Don't have any metal in the boat for a starter and then be ready to get out/off the water? I like playing , will even ride in a warm summer rain, will not play around when I hear the boomers start up. Be safe!!
    Scott

8. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens

War Indeed!! I was after the fuzzy tailed tree climbing rats because they eat good (I paid good money for it) feed and will run off the birds so they can eat in peace, and do carry rabies and fleas. I didn't know they could/would eat eggs until my Fav. #2 DD seen one in the act. Now I will do the S. S. S. and go on my way
    Scott

9. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    My husband and son wanted to do the 7 mile run, and there is no where to go if the lightning starts. So I said, nope, we paddle around the head spring and get started early before the thunder domes form...we miss the worse heat that way anyhow.
    We get more than our fair share of lightning in our part of the state-and country.
    That stuff will ruin your day.

10. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Yes, it will Eggsy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by