BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Smart rabbit Eggsy, wanted a take -out carrot place close at hand.

2. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    I was going to do dishes I swear. But I'm pinned by fifty pounds of snugglebutt mutt!

3. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If there is no photo - it never happened !! That's our motto. What kind of imaginary mutt are you hinting at?

4. prostar

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Haha. A purebred Canadian for sure!!

[​IMG]
    Here she is attacking my hubs. He shunned her affections cause he's playing play station so she moved on to me.

I didn't get a pic this time around but here's an example:

[​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Okay so you have a dog - we still don't know that she really weighs 50 lbs. That's 2 bags of ice melter for next winter.

6. prostar

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Lol! I wonder if I could borrow the neighbors horse scale

7. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning from frying Florida! If I had a sidewalk, I'd try frying an egg on it today.

Just looked at our 10 day forecast...day time temps expected to range from 93-98 and no chance of rain until Thursday. [​IMG]

How's it going for the rest of you?

8. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Well, you already know my weather report. My husband showed me something on his magical mysterious weather charts and it shows the heat in a time and temps graph. by 4:00 it is the hottest and then drops drastically by 5:00
    I decided he was right, we might as well stay inside until 4:00 and work until 9:00.

So Thursday we were going kayaking. I am making it rain. Just let me know when you need some rain up your way and we will plan an outing for you.

9. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Our weather will be in the 80"s with 5 out of 7 days of rain, rain, strong thunder storms, repeat often . My mini hosta ,I paid good $$$ for from a specialty on line nursery, has gone from sorta mini, to sorta WAY too big for my raised bed. I tried to divide it last year and all the sections I took out died. It looked like the original did too. But this year the orig. is back much bigger than before.

I don't know why the divisions died - I've done this many times before. Maybe its because the raised bed is lite mix, peat moss, vermiculite and perlite and some mushroom compost. The roots free range much more vigorously than when planted in our regular clay junk dirt. I could not dig out enough roots - they had scattered under all the other plants. Oh well!

10. tjo804

tjo804 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2014
    Cedar Creek, Texas
    I love love love Hosta!
    Sadly I have had no luck growing it here in Texas I mostlikely have the same kind of dirt trouble you do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by