BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. tjo804

tjo804 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2014
    Cedar Creek, Texas
    Still too long for me but I am grateful for it since I grew up in Central Michigan.

2. MissWiggles

MissWiggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    UP of Michigan

Yup, it would be nice if this was unusual weather, but it's not...we manage.

The house will be getting its basement next Monday. Of course we still don't have our build permit because someone can't read a blueprint, thinks a basement is living space and has changed the amount of "extortion money" we need to pay three times now. Our contractor is not impressed. :mad:

3. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

Isn't that just normal?!

haha some years we only have 2 month Winters and the rest is 'supposed' to be Winter but the 35 Celsius days say otherwise.

4. tjo804

tjo804 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2014
    Cedar Creek, Texas
    On the calendar it is but in temp readings it is not that way every where I think in Michigan we got out our long jons end of Sept and didnt take em off till May.

5. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Hey, guess what? It is supposed to rain all day. Bet you didn't see that one coming! I had to laugh at the long john comment; pretty much how it is up here too. I did make hot chocolate for the kiddos when they got back from their hike yesterday. I had to put together some more mix real quick. Love the homemade recipe and so much cheaper!
    Time to coffee up and figure out a plan for the day.

6. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida

1 person likes this.
  7. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

Looks like councils (county's) are internationally unreasonable.
    It's a real wonder why there are so many unapproved car sheds and small covered 'buildings'.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    NO ONE in my family handles idiocy WELL - we'd all be sitting in the car fuming.

9. N F C

N F C phooey! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Margie,

Care to share your homemade hot chocolate recipe? It would be nice to have on hand.

10. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    I know we are passed the squirrel thing, but caught got a shot of the back end of my squirrel wannabee, he was leaving in a hurry because my dogs were after him. i am sure he got into the chickens today because I found egg shells all over, luckily the chooks are fine i think he just likes the eggs hopefully won't go after mini molly.

I really sympathise with you all and your rain, when ours comes it is non stop for days on end and everything feels wet and damp, one actually wonders why we live where we do,

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by