BYC Café

Any time you breed two animals with the dwarfing gene together, you can get peanuts. That's one nice thing about the "false dwarfs" (I've also heard them called "brood does" or even "big ugly does"); they don't have the dwarfing gene, so they can't have peanuts (so, by the process of elimination, if the doe isn't a true dwarf, or not a dwarf breed, her babies can't be peanuts).

A peanut looks a bit odd. Someone I know dubbed them "camel babies" because she thought the head resembled that of a camel. The skull is often rather domed, and the eyes may be a bit more prominent than a normal baby. The back end of the peanut usually looks a bit underdeveloped, and it may not have control of the back legs. The most obvious difference is the size - a peanut is usually significantly smaller than the others in the litter, like, only about two-thirds their size.
I knew about peanuts , but forget a lot of things. Been years since i had bunnies. I may have to modify the nest opening.

He is in the Precocious Threes!

Does he read yet?

No, we're not at the reading stage yet, probably a few years down the road for that. He recognizes some letters but gets some confused as well. He loves singing the alphabet song though!

Hence the saying you are not dead until you are warm and dead.
The bunny didn't survive sadly.

Oh sorry to hear that :hugs

Back
Top Bottom