BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Hey, morning! Still morning out here ya know..... had to shovel a 3 ft drift outside the door, but the chicken run is clear of snow. Those winds did eventually show up with a vengeance. It seems that this year's crop of chicks have a more adventurous spirit and have been out and about in the snow, making paths and such. Good chickens! I had to take DS4 to the Doc yesterday to get his arm checked out. He has a secondary infection to his spider bite that he got last week. Stupid spiders.... I have no idea.... but anyway, with him wrestling I wanted to make sure that it was nothing contagious or totally weird, like Mers or some such thing. The sheep were unimpressed with the weather, not particularity happy or bent out of shape.
    That is about it for now. I hope you are enjoying the sunny days!

2. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi everyone, late grabbing my cup of coffee here. Hope you aren't out Scott!

Hey Will, nice to have you here. Scott makes a great cup of coffee so pull up a chair.

Margie, that's great about your chicks getting right out in the snow. Hope your DS's arm infection clears up soon.

WV, yep, it's still only Thursday but Friday's next!

We lost one of our rabbits this morning. She was a good breeder and mama and had the sweetest personality, sorry to lose her.
    RIP Bubbles.
    [​IMG]

3. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Oh, so sorry NFC... RIP Bubbles [​IMG] Any idea what happened?

4. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

NFC, Sorry to hear about Bubbles. [​IMG]
    Scott

5. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Good to hear about the drift, and the chicken run. Hope DS4 is good to go soonest!
    Scott

6. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    NFC, sorry about bubbles. she looked like a sweetie.

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I don't really know what happened to her. She slowed down on her eating a few days ago but still took some food. Yesterday we couldn't get her to eat or drink anything. DH checked her this morning around 6am before he left for work and she was still alive. I looked in at her at 9:30am and she was gone.

I don't think I want to do meat rabbits any more but DH might feel differently. We still have 6 of them here. Until he started his new job, he dealt with them almost exclusively, now it's pretty much me for all the animals. Rabbits, goats, chickens. I don't handle it well when they die, makes me feel like a bad care giver.

8. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Well, that isn't true. You know that, but I understand. We feel responsible for our charges.
    How long to rabbits live?
    Usually things that breed rapidly have shorter life spans than things with longer gestation periods.
    It may just have been her time.
    [​IMG]

bunny lady would know.

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Thanks Eggsy. Just a poopy day, I'll shake it off.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Wish they had a pill to banish 'poopy days.'

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by