BYC Café

IM sounds like your son takes after his mama. How great of him to take the dog in.

Yes he's very much like me. I'll turn you in if you abuse an animal. That is the one thing I always liked about our former sheriff, he was tough on people that he caught hurting animals. He threw the book at them, I loved it!

X2 and they sound like exactly the type of people who would just abandon the dog and run from the law. With the tax notices and unpaid bills and stuff, it sounds like they knew they were in trouble or maybe low on funds and rather than dealing with it, decided to just run from the law/skip town haha hope the law catches up to them!! Then they can face charges for evading taxes and all that other stuff AND for animal cruelty (abandoning the dog). Hope he documented it first so there would be proof of the conditions the dog was living in. If not, that’s okay, at least the dog now has a loving home, but they may not be able to be prosecuted.

He likely didn't think that far ahead. Technically he stole the dog unless the property has been abandoned which he doesn't know for sure. I think he's just going to keep his mouth shut because if they aren't gone yet, they will be soon.

Yes he's very much like me. I'll turn you in if you abuse an animal. That is the one thing I always liked about our former sheriff, he was tough on people that he caught hurting animals. He threw the book at them, I loved it!

He likely didn't think that far ahead. Technically he stole the dog unless the property has been abandoned which he doesn't know for sure. I think he's just going to keep his mouth shut because if they aren't gone yet, they will be soon.

That’s awesome!! Most people are too lax on animal abusers imo. Although it is starting to turn around somewhat.

And ahh okay. That makes sense. Probably a smart move ha I probably would have done the same thing. Can’t stand to see animals suffering.

What is written on BYC, STAYS ON BYC. As it is written, so it will be done!!!

Very true!

View attachment 1869950

My son rescued this pup from the neighbor. He's been outside in the heat, no food or water, left to sleep under the trailer and no one has been home for days. There are shut off notices for the electricity and past due tax bills from the county. Poor little guy. They named him Finley.

:love What a cutie pie!

I bet watching a broody with chicks is even better. :love

It is. A LOT.

Technically he stole the dog

I stole a neglected cat once from my brothers neighbor. I slept like a baby afterwards. Don't really care what the original owners thought. I had that girl until she was 13.

:love What a cutie pie!

It is. A LOT.

I stole a neglected cat once from my brothers neighbor. I slept like a baby afterwards. Don't really care what the original owners thought. I had that girl until she was 13.

Seems I need to hatch chickens then haha

And I think I gladly would do the same haha and aww so sweet.

Seems I need to hatch chickens then haha

And I think I gladly would do the same haha and aww so sweet.

What will you do with the cockerels?
Can your coop, in both size and roost space, fit more pullets?

Remember, I just built a new coop. I thought I had plenty of roost space for all the new additions. If you read the article, you will see that, OOPS, I didn't. You could hear the roost-time rumble a good 100 yards down the road. I had to add an additional 7 ft of roost space.
You may want to exercise your powers of restraint OR if you are going to let her do her thing, sell the pullets and give away the cockerels to whomever wants them for whatever reason, other than cock fighting and other forms of chicken torture, obviously.

Also I know I need to stop meddling with her but I wanted to see if there were any new eggs under her and went to take some and she got up again when I reached under but did go right back after she ate a bit but she seems to be refusing to move to the middle nest. I put the eggs there and she just walks around clucking until I put them back. So I guess she is gonna stay in the far right nest. She’s super serious when she’s in that nest. Maybe she would move if I left the eggs in the middle nest, I don’t give her long to decide, but I think it’s just easier if I let her stay where she wants to stay haha she is very insistent and persuasive about staying in that nest. :rolleyes:

Also.... do I just leave her alone and not open the nest boxes for a few days? She only moves when I reach under her but I don’t want to disturb her too much so I guess I shouldn’t collect eggs? They’re barely laying anyway. I think she is scaring them :lau

But I also don’t want her to starve or dehydrate.

Do I just leave her and let her get up on her own or should I force her to get up once a day? I am assuming she won’t let herself starve?

What is written on BYC, STAYS ON BYC. As it is written, so it will be done!!!

As we will, so mote it be! Lol I doubt anyone would really care, but you never know.

That’s awesome!! Most people are too lax on animal abusers imo. Although it is starting to turn around somewhat.

And ahh okay. That makes sense. Probably a smart move ha I probably would have done the same thing. Can’t stand to see animals suffering.

Very true!

I think it's the smart thing for now, playing it by ear as things unfold.

Good job IM.
I'm working on a couple more.:oops:

Thanks Shad, that was a pretty easy project. More articles on what subjects?

Back
Top Bottom