BYC Café

Uugh. Someone has reached out to me asking if I know of anyone who could take in a flock of 4 Cochin hens for 6 months. The owner is willing to pay for all expenses. She is trying to leave her soon to be (hopefully) ex-husband but wants to move her flock as she fears he will kill them to spite her. He has threatened to hurt her if she tries to leave.
She is obviously making plans to escape regardless and is going to TX. Looking to leave early November.
I want to help but don't know what to do.
Me taking them would be pure insanity. I don't want the biosecurity risk, I have way too much on my plate as it is and I don't have enough room in my coop.
She is reaching out to sanctuaries but has had no luck.
Any ideas??

I hated mine. I didn't realize how much trouble it was causing until it was out.
I know I mentioned the ox bile. That helps with fat digestion.
I hope they don't move the surgery out again.
This one should be the one!

She will be surprised at how much it is effecting her too

Uugh. Someone has reached out to me asking if I know of anyone who could take in a flock of 4 Cochin hens for 6 months. The owner is willing to pay for all expenses. She is trying to leave her soon to be (hopefully) ex-husband but wants to move her flock as she fears he will kill them to spite her. He has threatened to hurt her if she tries to leave.
She is obviously making plans to escape regardless and is going to TX. Looking to leave early November.
Me taking them would be pure insanity. I don't want the biosecurity risk, I have way too much on my plate as it is and I don't have enough room in my coop.
Any ideas??
I would take them! Set up a temporary pen or use a couple of dog kennels in the garage for Quarantine

Any ideas??

This is so sad. Have you posted this on the NY (or neighboring states) threads?

I would take them! Set up a temporary pen or use a couple of dog kennels in the garage for Quarantine

I can't take them. I'm out of capacity in my coop and I don't have anywhere they could be quarantined. I do have my old coop but it's still embedded in the fence line of the pen. And it has no run attached. The pop door to get in that coop is on the opposite side of the coop to the pen. And I don't have time to deal with that. So much going on with DH starting the clinical trial (we go down Monday to be assigned a group), the house not being done, Mom's house not being done and sold, me possibly looking for a job in a month... too much.

This is so sad. Have you posted this on the NY (or neighboring states) threads?

I posted pretending that it was me looking to foster 4 hens for 6 months on Nextdoor.com. She is afraid that if he sees any signs that she is looking to relocate her birds that he will kill them and hurt her. He sounds like a real peach.

I'll try my state thread. I know another member here that's in Owego and another in Binghamton.

Back
Top Bottom