BYC Café

I am an old fogey when it comes to food. I was dragged up that way.:D
If it's on the plate, eat it because that's all your getting. On the bright side, there isn't much I won't try because of how I was brought up and I value the fact I can eat decent food three times a day.:confused:
I brought my daughters up much the same.
Yep....I have 6 grandkids and I am the same.....eat it.....it's what we have today! Five of the six do so gladly....(there's always 1 :rolleyes:)

We've had the wind here for a couple of days now and apparently it's not likely to abate until Wednesday. If that wasn't bad enough it's now decided to snow; well more sleet than snow.
The chickens hate the wind. The mums with chicks can't get their chicks out; it just isn't safe.
I had to light the stove this afternoon. Most of the winter, even with the door open the house holds enough heat to make the indoor temperature tolerable. With the wind howling in through the door that all changes.
I went to clean out Knocks coop this afternoon. The coop has a large human access door at the rear. I had just opened the door when the wind changed direction and blew in through what you call the pop hatch. The gust was so strong it blew two chicks out of the coop! I captured both quickly thankfully and got the door shut a bit rapid.

We've had the wind here for a couple of days now and apparently it's not likely to abate until Wednesday. If that wasn't bad enough it's now decided to snow; well more sleet than snow.
The chickens hate the wind. The mums with chicks can't get their chicks out; it just isn't safe.
I had to light the stove this afternoon. Most of the winter, even with the door open the house holds enough heat to make the indoor temperature tolerable. With the wind howling in through the door that all changes.
I went to clean out Knocks coop this afternoon. The coop has a large human access door at the rear. I had just opened the door when the wind changed direction and blew in through what you call the pop hatch. The gust was so strong it blew two chicks out of the coop! I captured both quickly thankfully and got the door shut a bit rapid.
Oh my gosh! What an ordeal!!! I'm glad the chicks are okay.

And, while we're talking about food...
Something I had hoped never to see here happened a few days ago, McDonald opened one of their fast food outlets in a nearby town. I've been told that some of the locals smashed the place up one night.:clap:celebrate
I doubt they will pack up and take their garbage elsewhere unfortunately but it was good to see that some resistance is being shown.

Back
Top Bottom