BYC Café

I used to be so scared of bees and then I realized the importance of them. Plus I always categorized the bees in the same family as yellow jackets. Every year I have been stung by a yellow jacket or a group of them. I don't even do anything wrong half of the time I'm just standing there and they decide they want to attack me. I'm pretty much numb to their sting now so it doesn't bother me anymore.

I realized bees aren't yellow jackets and are much more calm than yellow jackets. Plus if there were no bees all of us would be in trouble!

I thought you weren’t afraid of bees/flying stuff and they never attacked you?

I thought you weren’t afraid of bees/flying stuff and they never attacked you?
Just yellow jackets, but I'm not afraid of them. I don't run away from them or scream when they come near me. They sting me and go away. I rarely feel their sting anymore for the past 3ish years I don't notice it. Usually my beagle eats them. Wasps, bees, and all other things that sting leave me alone. Yellow jackets need no purpose to flip a lid. They're ridiculous.

I have poor depth perception because I am far sighted in one eye, and near sighted in the other. It does help me forgo the need for glasses except for the tiniest writing.
My mother had vision like that. She had Lasik surgery and hated it because then she needed glasses for reading.

Yes..I'm moving from Oho to Connecticut....about a 10 hour drive. Yes, I'm purging but it's painful and slow. I have baby shoes and the blanket I brought my son home from the hospital in...a vase that was a wedding gift to my mother and father in law...photos...stuff from college...things nobody cares about but me and I have to let it all go. I know that I do and I am but it's not easy. Ah well....forward!!

That's the sort of stuff that I get hung up on BB...so many memories tied up there. I need to purge a lot here too, but letting go is hard!

Just yellow jackets, but I'm not afraid of them. I don't run away from them or scream when they come near me. They sting me and go away. I rarely feel their sting anymore for the past 3ish years I don't notice it. Usually my beagle eats them. Wasps, bees, and all other things that sting leave me alone. Yellow jackets need no purpose to flip a lid. They're ridiculous.

Oh okay. I definitely run and scream as you know :lau but I would rather not be stung so if I can avoid it, I will. :lau but yeah they’re definitely ridiculous! And territorial! They went after my mom one time when she was in the woods dragging a branch out! Whole bunch of them!! Must have had a nest or something. And OMG she eats them!? Gator used to occasionally or try and would get stung. Libby too hah

I’ve never been stung except like once forever ago by a bee when I was petting the dog.

I’d like to keep it that way lol

My grandma was also highly allergic so idk if I am too. I wasn’t allergic to the bee but I think wasps are different. And it could have developed. She never was till later.

Oh okay. I definitely run and scream as you know :lau but I would rather not be stung so if I can avoid it, I will. :lau but yeah they’re definitely ridiculous! And territorial! They went after my mom one time when she was in the woods dragging a branch out! Whole bunch of them!! Must have had a nest or something. And OMG she eats them!? Gator used to occasionally or try and would get stung. Libby too hah

I’ve never been stung except like once forever ago by a bee when I was petting the dog.

I’d like to keep it that way lol

My grandma was also highly allergic so idk if I am too. I wasn’t allergic to the bee but I think wasps are different. And it could have developed. She never was till later.
Lucy hates anything that makes any type of buzzing noise and she will eat it She doesn't care 😂 She goes bananas outside when she's trying to go to the bathroom and there's a bee buzzing around her, she won't go to the bathroom until she eats it. She also somehow has this weird beagle nose that can sniff out grubs and she will pull them right out of the ground and eat them 🤮 She even brought me one and put it on the floor in front of me, I gagged so bad. I hate those things!

@KDOGG331 do you have any new pics of your chicks? I read you fixed the dog house for them so they could go outside.

Yeah here are some from when I brought them out Sunday. They were only in that bin for like 2 seconds while I carried them outside, not to worry haha I actually had to take them out of it one by one cause they wouldn’t come out. :lau

They’re still pretty scared and cold having never seen the great outdoors before but doing well!!

They’re definitely all boys though except one, maybe two. :hit

DF9666BC-CA9D-4154-8D07-8A9019054156.jpeg 4A5BD76B-6AE7-4E48-ADE1-84BF8B7D285E.jpeg 711BD17F-B3F9-4591-90F8-C24E71D3BBF6.jpeg B5C099FC-5D82-4797-95DC-7B1058265B2F.jpeg 19953C2F-BEC7-4EC3-8494-9ADE63D1ED5D.jpeg F48A0002-362E-4F7C-8797-C03AC2FB4743.jpeg 6AE64598-65A4-44AA-9C31-8FE2D81BF59B.jpeg D1B6E59E-026E-44BA-B959-7B7CECF01C70.jpeg EEC6222C-999B-4FAA-BF49-20EAB829F24D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom