BYC Café

It was an article a couple of months ago.

False stories like to circulate-- especially on Facebook. They keep popping up like moles in a wack a long game.

On another thread, there was a post about ivermectin killing the virus in a petre dish. That was what the original rumor of a cure was from months ago. When it was tested in people, it did nothing. Many cures are like that.
It would help if people stopped talking about killing the virus. You can't kill the virus because it isn't a living organism. It's a protein and isn't alive. It's not the virus that causes you harm; it's your own bodies reaction to it. Hence the idea of the various vaccines.
The virus will decay, but at it's own rate, a bit like nuclear decay. One way to start the decay is to break down the lipid casing that helps to protect it. Basically the protein has a layer of fat around it and washing your hands with soap as recommended breaks down the fat and the virus decays. This is one vaccine approach. Many of the other approaches are not centered around the virus at all. They are centered around trying to alter how your bodies immune system responds to the foreign protein.

It would help if people stopped talking about killing the virus. You can't kill the virus because it isn't a living organism. It's a protein and isn't alive. It's not the virus that causes you harm; it's your own bodies reaction to it. Hence the idea of the various vaccines.
The virus will decay, but at it's own rate, a bit like nuclear decay. One way to start the decay is to break down the lipid casing that helps to protect it. Basically the protein has a layer of fat around it and washing your hands with soap as recommended breaks down the fat and the virus decays. This is one vaccine approach. Many of the other approaches are not centered around the virus at all. They are centered around trying to alter how your bodies immune system responds to the foreign protein.
Thanks Shad!

Will she eat watermelon? Can you immerse her in water?
Nutradrench?
Heat is not the problem, she was acting off for a couple days before it got hot today.
I'll probably should euthanize soon as I'm not one to force feed/hydrate my birds.
Now have found another bird laid yolk and albumen, but has soft shell stuck in vent.
...and portable phone charger appears to be on the fritz, took me a bit to find the source of the beeps.
It has not been a good day.

Heat is not the problem, she was acting off for a couple days before it got hot today.
I'll probably should euthanize soon as I'm not one to force feed/hydrate my birds.
Now have found another bird laid yolk and albumen, but has soft shell stuck in vent.
...and portable phone charger appears to be on the fritz, took me a bit to find the source of the beeps.
It has not been a good day.
I am sorry for the bad day! It is never hard to put one down

It would help if people stopped talking about killing the virus. You can't kill the virus because it isn't a living organism.

The moment you see people saying anything "kills" a virus, you should take it as read that they don't understand what they are talking about, so nothing they have to say is worth paying attention to.

The moment you see people saying anything "kills" a virus, you should take it as read that they don't understand what they are talking about, so nothing they have to say is worth paying attention to.
Yes! Apparently it is similar with saying something kills cancer in a petri dish

Back
Top Bottom