BYC Café

But, I have a lake
And a plane so you can fly off to cooler climates.

:lau Haha, I don't have to mow it, silly! but it's only 9 miles away. (very convenient):D
Well if you have so much property that your lake is 9 miles from your house, you can surely afford gardners to mow around the lake.

Sweet. Just what I've always wanted: a rat's ass!
Either the cat likes you or doesn't want to feel indebted for the food :D

Scaredy cat donates puked up mouse parts.
So do our house cats. Not the most fun thing to find. DW found a dead bat in a doorway yesterday morning. Not sure how it got in but I suspect the cats made sure it stopped flying. I guess flying mice aren't as tasty as terrestrial mice, there was no obvious damage other than a small bit of blood on the floor.

One of the reasons hens, particularly pullets which is what Tack is, nest away from the coops is because they can't defend their nests from the senior hens.
Clearly you have been paying attention to the behavioral aspects of your chickens.

And a plane so you can fly off to cooler climates.

Well if you have so much property that your lake is 9 miles from your house, you can surely afford gardners to mow around the lake.

Either the cat likes you or doesn't want to feel indebted for the food :D

So do our house cats. Not the most fun thing to find. DW found a dead bat in a doorway yesterday morning. Not sure how it got in but I suspect the cats made sure it stopped flying. I guess flying mice aren't as tasty as terrestrial mice, there was no obvious damage other than a small bit of blood on the floor.

Clearly you have been paying attention to the behavioral aspects of your chickens.
They just don't understand! :th

Good morning Cafe.
Coffee is made.
Looks like another warm one on it's way. Temps in low 30's forecast. Current humidity at 60% expected to be 95% this evening.
Many people here write August off and go on holiday. I think I should learn to do the same.
Brush pile dismantling today. Not going to be fun in this heat.
I've got three gone broody.:(

Good morning Cafe.
Coffee is made.
Looks like another warm one on it's way. Temps in low 30's forecast. Current humidity at 60% expected to be 95% this evening.
Many people here write August off and go on holiday. I think I should learn to do the same.
My Large Fowl cochin hen is broody again. The chicks from last time are huge!

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the coffee Shad.
I can never seem to stay on track with the task I plan to do at my mom's house. Yesterday was supposed to be paint mom's room, finishing painting the living room, get the electric wire in the surface mount conduit and caulk it and paint the bathroom. Well, I did get the wire in the conduit but somehow migrated over to backsplash. Now that I have one wall up I'm dying to see the other wall with the mosaic so I'll likely work on that this morning... or maybe the deck. Who knows what will happen.

Good morning Cafe.
Coffee is made.
All of Europe goes on holiday July/August.
Bought a lot of equipment there when I was working,
couldn't get anything done during summer holidays.
Hang in there Shad.

supposed to
According to whom?
When you have that much stuff to do,
often doesn't matter what you work on as long as something gets done.
So do the thing that gets you intrigued.
Now I'm dying to see that wall too!

I can never seem to stay on track with the task I plan to do
The Princess has a similar work pattern
Me too! There are distractions everywhere, so though I go into a given space to do X, I spot Y and Z en route, and then Y leads to A,B & C, etc. etc. I've found that one of the joys of retirement is to be able to potter around taking jobs in whatever order I like at the moment in hand :p

Back
Top Bottom