BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. I've got a pot of regular and a pot of pumpkin spice coffee brewed. Tis the season!
It's drizzly and 44F this morning. Not expected to get out of the low 60s this morning.
I wish I'd had the energy to wrap the back of moms house last night. Hopefully tonight.
This weekend will be another marathon event on dad's roof. 4 skilled roofers and 5 unskilled laborers to haul shingles to the dumpster that we toss down and help place shingles so we can shoot them. All but the porch roof will be complete by Sunday night. :wee

Mornin', y'all! :frow

Thanks for the coffee, DL. While I would never claim to be "skilled," I have done a few small shingling jobs, so I have an idea of what's ahead for your team. I'm sure that getting that off your "to do" list will feel marvelous!

I reckon that by now, everyone is aware that President Trump has tested positive for Covid-19. We all knew it was just a matter of time, didn't we? Nothing has been said about symptoms yet; I have faith that he will receive the best possible care (if he listens to and follows his doctors' orders, and that's a big 'if'). But there's a saying, "when the president sneezes, Wall Street catches a cold," and that's so not what we need right now.

Is she sober now?
Yes. She got sober after the last of us kids moved out. I'll never know but I think my dad told her she was either going to quit for good or he'd leave her. She was in and out of rehabs all during my time living with my parents. Once I turned 15 I really started battling with her. I couldn't stand her. That was a lifetime ago. We're fine now.
But she's still an addict. She's got an oxygen tank in the house but can't quit smoking. And I swear she LOVES taking all the medication she's on.
I'm am such the antithesis of her.

Yes. She got sober after the last of us kids moved out. I'll never know but I think my dad told her she was either going to quit for good or he'd leave her. She was in and out of rehabs all during my time living with my parents. Once I turned 15 I really started battling with her. I couldn't stand her. That was a lifetime ago. We're fine now.
But she's still an addict. She's got an oxygen tank in the house but can't quit smoking. And I swear she LOVES taking all the medication she's on.
I'm am such the antithesis of her.
I once heard it said that a parent is always an example to their children, either as a model to follow or as a model of what not to do.

Back
Top Bottom